Smashed Duster

-

69bronzeT5

My wife's car is faster.
Reaction score
I just thought I'd share pictures of this smashed '72 Duster I've been robbing parts off of. I spotted it an insurance company lot near me back in September and tried buying it for a parts car however when I tried, it wasn't up for auction yet. I went to a junkyard to get parts for my Mustang and there it sat. So far, I bought the mint headliner, door sill trim, emblems and horn cap for $45. :cheers: I still want the dash vents, possibly the dash pad and a few other things :smile: Now before I get a million parts requests, I don't mind grabbing a few things for members but I really am too busy to go every day and pillage everything off the car. I don't mind grabbing the tail lights for somebody since they are mint....

DSC_0921.jpg

DSC_0920.jpg

DSC_0917.jpg

DSC_0916.jpg

That car was worth saving, looks damn near rust free & a solid foundation other then the front damage.

The front right fender well had about a 3x3 inch rust hole and the lower quarters are bubbled but otherwise it seemed good. Floor pans are really good! However the front left part of the suspension is pushed back about 2 inches. Fixable by all means though

grab the tail lights , instrument cluster,heck, grab the whole dash if you can,trim,doors, rear bumper , quarters and sell em all on here or ebay. seriously, you should save whatever you can off this car if you get some spare time. that car looked like it could have been saved.

whoa, just noticed the green valiant in the background. i could spend a whole weekend at that yard!

how is the hood? I might be intrested if it's still straight. I'm also itrested I the tail lights and the tail pannel. Would be a nice conversion on my 75. What about the passanger side 1/4 I would be itrested inthe lower half behid the tire if it's not too rusty, mine is just about completely gone. If you can't get any thing it's not a big deal though. As I am in no rush and will get parts when a diecent deal comes along.

edit. How is the grill? If it's repairable I am intrested in it as well. As anythin plactic here turns to dust after 30 years.

Hi. Next time that you go could you check the price on the vinyl top trim. If it is good and straight I would be interested. I would need all pieces and the clips if possible. Thanks Bobby

Hey everyone....sorry I am not interested in doing sheetmetal off of it. Shipping really would be a ***** along with getting the stuff off. However, everything removable I don't mind to a certain extent. I will start pulling stuff off like the tail lights and start listing it for sale for reasonable prices. Won't be charging an arm and a leg or anything, just enough to make a little bit of money to help out with saving for paint for my Duster.

The rear bumper is pretty banged up for those who asked. Also, the vinyl top trim has all the chrome peeled or faded but I'll check into it. The grille I believe is F'ed.

-
Back