Smoke diagnostic tool

-

Outasite

Reaction score
Anyone ever use a smoke generator diagnostic tool. Seems simple but installing the new 408 in my 64 with 4 speed and headman fender wells is a big job.want to check for leaks before installation.Have a chance to use one,just wondering how effective they are.

They work very well, BUT they are more intended for vapor systems, such as vapor return and vapor recovery.

made one like I had seen on a you tube hack/ using an old pressure cooker/ heating coil and baby oil /got the job done without spending $500 plus from snap on !!!!!!!!!!

just make an adapter/bonnet for the carb //one exhaust valve should be open /youll find the leaks quick !

Last edited:
This unit is supposed to put out around 1.5 psi my plan is to inject into one breather, block the other, and control venting at the dip stick tube. Want to check front and rear seals,pan,front cover, and intake.

You can buy cans of aerosol smoke - used in the security and fire industry. No need to MacGuyver something up using a pressure cooker, a cake-mixer and a paper clip these days.

1c387eae-c84e-4133-9ec7-8b64425e14aa.jpg

Just wonder if some smokes are acidic.I see the smoke in a can is a CRC product.There stuff is usually pretty good,and auto related.

Last edited:
-
Back