smoke from the heater core?

-

SirDan

Reaction score
smokes coming out of the vents on my car. i saw the heater core was leaking just a tiny bit the other day. i know it needs to be changed but is that why its smoking?

Smoke from a leaking heater core is usually the vaporization of the coolant, and very harmful for you to breath I might add.

Smoke from a leaking heater core is usually the vaporization of the coolant, and very harmful for you to breath I might add.

Plus it will fog up your windows leaving a nasty film to clean up.

what does it smell like, electric? if so, take off hot wire right now. sweet/thick smell/taste. antifreeze. brownish/thick/road kill smell, that rats nest was a little too close to the heater core!

well the thing is it doesent smell like anything. and now its not doing it. i know electrical and antifreeze smells pretty well but this had no scent whatsoever. i mean i did leave out the detail that im getting water in the car. i think its leaking out of the windshield gasket because i just replaced the wiper pivot gaskets. but anyway it leaks out of the ac vents in the middle there. theres a leak on the drivers side but that seems to far away to affect it. no water lands on the passenger side floorboard. idk the heater core did have antifreeze on the bottom of it the other day but not much. the carpet doesent get wet. it definatly needs to be changed tho. and yes the car has antifreeze in it. but ill get to changing the heater core soon.

-
Back