Smokey and the Bandit

-
Well I do have have spare Trans Am parts in my garage, courtesy of my brother as he no longer has any interest in cars.
A set 4 "Macho" T/A, 8 inch wide rims.
Set of gold tinted T-top glass
and 2 gauge clusters.
A late 70's Trans Am may possibly be my next project for the missus... But she's leaning towards a 71-74 Plymouth Satellite or Roadrunner instead.

Last edited:
road with my dad to greenville mississippi to deliver a load of cucumbers to a pickle factory near greenville ms, after we unloaded we gotta room and rode a cab to the theater for the grand opening of smokey and the bandit directors cut 2 weeks before it opened every where else!! thay opened it there first because of all the filming thay did on us82 across arkansaw mississippi and alabama and of corse georgia! man it was so cool coming home and telling every body about it and thay had to wait another week or so to see it!! one of the many cool things trucking brought to my life!! was my all time favorite movie till my son started watching it at 3 yrs old 10+ times a day till he was 7!! bout burnt me out on it bad!! along with the movies convoy, move'in on, high ball'in, and white line fever!! always loved any thing trucking related growing up in big big trucking family with my dad being one that all the rest looked up to and admired, that left me some mighty big boots to fill for sure!!

road with my dad to greenville mississippi to deliver a load of cucumbers to a pickle factory near greenville ms, after we unloaded we gotta room and rode a cab to the theater for the grand opening of smokey and the bandit directors cut 2 weeks before it opened every where else!! thay opened it there first because of all the filming thay did on us82 across arkansaw mississippi and alabama and of corse georgia! man it was so cool coming home and telling every body about it and thay had to wait another week or so to see it!! one of the many cool things trucking brought to my life!! was my all time favorite movie till my son started watching it at 3 yrs old 10+ times a day till he was 7!! bout burnt me out on it bad!! along with the movies convoy, move'in on, high ball'in, and white line fever!! always loved any thing trucking related growing up in big big trucking family with my dad being one that all the rest looked up to and admired, that left me some mighty big boots to fill for sure!!
No doubt you Truckers are a hoot. I worked weighing trucks at a certified scale, we sold some parts, accessories and did tire repair- 1man operation 2 shifts. '78-'79 we got $ 9 for outside tire repair $ 10 for inside as had to get under using bottle jack, tube or tubeless same price.
Some 'ol boy came in and leaned over the 1/2 door to the scalehouse and asked " Do got any bubs ? "

I had to have him repeat himself several times.

He finally asks " Ya got any 1034 bubs ?'

" Oh bulbs ! We've got all kind of bulbs what do you need ?

I laugh at that to this day as my hearing is blown out.

My ex was watching a movie years ago and I asked what. She said sumpin and I remark " Big Tailed Willard ? "
She says " No John Dillinger " shaking her head.

Whenever my adult kids and I can't communicate " Big Tailed Willard " is said and we laugh. Try it you'll like it or you'll be po'd at me forever lol.

They both deserved it for sure. Clark was and is highly underrated.
A friend from the neighbourhood told me a story you might enjoy. This friend has been on the cover of Guitar world magazine and has articles written about him. The band he was in open MSG as the main venue and opened for Aerosmith
In the course of our conversations I once asked him what guitar player he admired the best and without hesitation he said Roy Clark. He told me Roy Clark was a phenomenal musician.
He told me a story that once he and his band were on a tour and they checked into a hotel, everyone got their rooms except my friend, who was told his room wasnt ready yet, the hotel clerk went on to say Mr Clark was the guest in that room and just checked out. So my friend tears *** out into the hotel parking lot trying to find Mr Clark, but missed him by a few minutes

The trilogy is on the Laff network right now. Watchin #2.

A friend from the neighbourhood told me a story you might enjoy. This friend has been on the cover of Guitar world magazine and has articles written about him. The band he was in open MSG as the main venue and opened for Aerosmith
In the course of our conversations I once asked him what guitar player he admired the best and without hesitation he said Roy Clark. He told me Roy Clark was a phenomenal musician.
He told me a story that once he and his band were on a tour and they checked into a hotel, everyone got their rooms except my friend, who was told his room wasnt ready yet, the hotel clerk went on to say Mr Clark was the guest in that room and just checked out. So my friend tears *** out into the hotel parking lot trying to find Mr Clark, but missed him by a few minutes
Too bad but memorable for your friend
Too bad for friend but still memorable.
Was working down in Bakersfield and a cat on the crew tells me hotel he's at is off " Merly Haggard Drive at Highway 99 "

I informed the lad " Here in Bakie you'd better learn it's " Merle " Don't remember if I got a chance to tell him 'bout Buck Owen's Palace another under appreciated musician.

Oh The Bakersfield Sound !

@Steve welder Back in the early to mid 90's, there used to be a big Mopar show at Bristol Dragway every year. Roy Clark used to come and race his drag car, The Hee Haw Hemi. Roy was very gracious to people asking for autographs, and loved shooting the bull about cars.

:thumbsup:

@Steve welder Back in the early to mid 90's, there used to be a big Mopar show at Bristol Dragway every year. Roy Clark used to come and race his drag car, The Hee Haw Hemi. Roy was very gracious to people asking for autographs, and loved shooting the bull about cars.

I'll start trying to find pics of that as way too cool ! Imagine Roy ! I picked up a Landy Pic a while back, went to school with his nephew.

Heading to Famosa in March weather permitting for March Meet. Hope 64 Dart makes the trip as under construction if that's what you wanna call it.

I have heard of older women talk about Burt Reynolds as some kind of hot stuff before and I was like "HUH, Who the hell is or was that"

Now i watch this movie trilogy and Burt in his prime was perfect. The whole macho cowboy style of the 70s was amazing. Then you realize how much movies and movie stars have changed, for the worse.

when you think, who is the Burt Reynolds counter part now, who is the embodiment of that manly, womanizing man, who is so manly and Marlboro that even if he slaps your ***, you somehow can't even feel offended and somehow it's all ok because you secretly enjoyed it. Then you realize......NO MAN on TV anywhere fills the role of Burt in 2023...it's tragic.

Burt.jpg

image.jpg

you guys were right ...the first one is the BEST one. The second one is ok, but the whole elephant plot is kind of weird and sally field's character almost marrying that moron cop.....yuck.

I think Sally would have liked me to slap
you guys were right ...the first one is the BEST one. The second one is ok, but the whole elephant plot is kind of weird and sally field's character almost marrying that moron cop.....yuck.
Why did you have to do that. YUKK. Now I cant look a Sally Fields the same way.
Pretty sure she wouldn't mind me pinching her *** back in the day.
That was a great way of flirting. Worked both ways.

That’s DAMNED cool. Didn’t know he was a car guy and a Chrysler guy too!! You can’t beat that.

One of the earlier movies I got to watch.
It messed me up.
I own a T/A. Not a 78, but black.
Also have a 70 firebird.

Ole Burt got me into Pontiacs when I was but a boy.
And what a ladies man...

2012T-A 075.JPG

2012T-A 096.JPG

2012T-A 012.JPG

006.JPG

I have heard of older women talk about Burt Reynolds as some kind of hot stuff before and I was like "HUH, Who the hell is or was that"

Now i watch this movie trilogy and Burt in his prime was perfect. The whole macho cowboy style of the 70s was amazing. Then you realize how much movies and movie stars have changed, for the worse.

when you think, who is the Burt Reynolds counter part now, who is the embodiment of that manly, womanizing man, who is so manly and Marlboro that even if he slaps your ***, you somehow can't even feel offended and somehow it's all ok because you secretly enjoyed it. Then you realize......NO MAN on TV anywhere fills the role of Burt in 2023...it's tragic.

View attachment 1716048010

View attachment 1716048012
First off, a slap on the *** is ALWAYS a compliment

Secondly, my boy likes the Spiderman movies and he claims there is a Reynolds actor in there

I can't remember the kids name, but I always wondered if he was Burts kid

-
Back