Smokey Mountain ROAD TRIP.

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHAEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Started out to be a shorter roadtrip. But turned into a longer one. Left Florida for Franklin North Carolina, about 800 miles. Towing our motorcycle to spend a week in the Mountains to do some riding. First day was nice weather , but rain from the hurricane was expected to move in the next day . I brought a pair of bucket seats that I had sold to @512Stroker back in January of this year and agreed to deliver them to him soon after the sale. With the virus deal going on all plans of that kept getting pushed back. Thankfully Jim is a patient man !
Loaded the bike in NC. And headed 700 west miles to SW Missouri . Happened to spend the night in a hotel just off old RT 66 by accident. Didn't realize that till the next morning when Jim showed up to get the seats and told us. Heres a few pics.
Resized_20200829_095524.jpg
Resized_20200901_211057.jpg
Resized_20200829_094926.jpg
Resized_20200829_095140.jpg

Nice to meet up with Jim and finally get the seats to him so he can get on with his project. Headed back to NC. Hit some heavy rain around Nashville and made it back to our room in Franklin NC around 1am. Next few days turned out real nice for riding in the mountains. I don't care what road you take to anywhere out here it is just beautiful scenery. Few more pics.
20200830_143914.jpg
20191013_135731.jpg
20161004_174308.jpg

While out riding we ran across this cuda for sale just out side of Murphy NC.

20200901_122903.jpg

20200901_122922.jpg

If anyone lives close by can go check it out. I'll start another thread for this cuda fore sale. I have a few more pics of it.

While I was in the neighborhood , I stopped in at AMD to pick up a new windshield for the cuda. Saved on shipping. Cha ching.
20200831_133628.jpg

Great pics Al! Jealous as heck, Route 66, met a fabo member, cuda for sale, and AMD...and throw in a bike ride...yep jealous!:thumbsup:

So you came through Georgia on I-75 and didn't let me know. Ok, I see how it is now.

Looks like you rode Tail of the dragon! I went thru Franklin twice yesterday, on the way to and from Chattanooga, TN to look at a Dodge perversion van. Drug the trailer over there to get it, and passed on buying it! @cudamike13 lives a little ways out of Murphy, in N. GA, so there's a few members near there. Mike has a notch Cuda, but that yellow one wasn't it...lol.

Looks like you rode Tail of the dragon! I went thru Franklin twice yesterday, on the way to and from Chattanooga, TN to look at a Dodge perversion van. Drug the trailer over there to get it, and passed on buying it! @cudamike13 lives a little ways out of Murphy, in N. GA, so there's a few members near there. Mike has a notch Cuda, but that yellow one wasn't it...lol.
Maybe the dragon tomorrow. . Already rode the skyway and some of the parkway. Nice up there.

Started out to be a shorter roadtrip. But turned into a longer one. Left Florida for Franklin North Carolina, about 800 miles. Towing our motorcycle to spend a week in the Mountains to do some riding. First day was nice weather , but rain from the hurricane was expected to move in the next day . I brought a pair of bucket seats that I had sold to @512Stroker back in January of this year and agreed to deliver them to him soon after the sale. With the virus deal going on all plans of that kept getting pushed back. Thankfully Jim is a patient man !
Loaded the bike in NC. And headed 700 west miles to SW Missouri . Happened to spend the night in a hotel just off old RT 66 by accident. Didn't realize that till the next morning when Jim showed up to get the seats and told us. Heres a few pics.
View attachment 1715588367 View attachment 1715588368 View attachment 1715588369 View attachment 1715588370
Nice to meet up with Jim and finally get the seats to him so he can get on with his project. Headed back to NC. Hit some heavy rain around Nashville and made it back to our room in Franklin NC around 1am. Next few days turned out real nice for riding in the mountains. I don't care what road you take to anywhere out here it is just beautiful scenery. Few more pics.
View attachment 1715588373 View attachment 1715588374 View attachment 1715588380
While out riding we ran across this cuda for sale just out side of Murphy NC.

View attachment 1715588385
View attachment 1715588386
If anyone lives close by can go check it out. I'll start another thread for this cuda fore sale. I have a few more pics of it.

While I was in the neighborhood , I stopped in at AMD to pick up a new windshield for the cuda. Saved on shipping. Cha ching.
View attachment 1715588387
Great trip, a lot of windshield time, is always time well spent when you have a good co-pilot.
It was nice meeting you Guy's, stay safe and good luck in the future.
Side Note - I met with ABcuda in Kingdom City MO yesterday and got the head rests for the buckets seats. Another great fabo member. He came from San Diego CA on his way to the northeast - long haul award for sure.

Last edited:
If you want some good barbeque or AWESOME catfish, go to Willy's BBQ in Franklin! You can Google it, but it's sort of up behind the Chevrolet Dealership on the main drag (74) and across from the Comfort Inn. The catfish will make your tongue slap your brains out.....lol. Have a good and safe trip, and if you're headed back down 441 early on Saturday, the N. GA Swap Meet is happening Sat at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, GA.

If you want some good barbeque or AWESOME catfish, go to Willy's BBQ in Franklin! You can Google it, but it's sort of up behind the Chevrolet Dealership on the main drag (74) and across from the Comfort Inn. The catfish will make your tongue slap your brains out.....lol. Have a good and safe trip, and if you're headed back down 441 early on Saturday, the N. GA Swap Meet is happening Sat at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, GA.

20200902_190041.jpg

If you have the time check out the Foothills Parkway. You can pick it up down by the Dragon and it runs up to Pigeon Forge. There was 35 miles completed (of the 72 planned). Really scenic. Better than the Skyway IMO. Ride safe! Foothills Parkway TN – US 129 to Wears Valley TN
We have rode the foothills many times. And the tail of the dragon. Moonshiners 28 is a nice ride also.

LOL....the damn water in the Nantahala river is so cold, there's Polar Bears standing on the river banks with Do Not Enter signs!
Yeah we use to park on the side and watch canoe people freeze their *** off getting in and out. In July.

On the way home , around Gainesville Florida, I ran across this guy towing his new found treasure. I guess.
20200903_175110.jpg
20200903_175120.jpg
20200903_175123.jpg

I don't think it's a real one . Rear windshield isn't flush. But close enough for Gov work. !!!

-
Back