smoothing and de cluttering engine bay

-

elevensies

Reaction score
while my engine is out getting re built, im de cluttering and smoothing out the bay ready for paint

now my question is, now i have removed the AC, and heater, along with all pipework, i have all the holes to fill/cover, so

1) do i make an alloy plate and cover the holes from inside the cab area on the firewall (effectively leaving the holes ''on show'' in the engine bay)

2) make a alloy plate and ''smooth'' cover the holes on the firewall from the engine bay, so it looks part of the firewall, and no holes were ever there.

hope that makes sense.

full re wire, and thats getting hidden too,

several of us have opted for various smooth looks. A few have cut out large sections of the firewall and replaced with large pieces of smooth metal, while others have gone with a smoothed version of the factory look. Check out my build thread, and 76orangewagon's for a fillin the holes look and there is someone else I am thinking of that did more of the cutout method...installed a chunk with ac plumbing, and smooth pieces for the rest andrew maybe?

I sorta smoothed mine, closed up the heater holes but Ill be punching new ones when the AC arrives. I also brought the wiper motor inside the cab. However I did all of that in an attempt to make room for all the stuff to go in.
De-cluttering does not apply here :D
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000149.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 364
This is where mine is at today, probably going to "minitub" still.

Attachments

• IMAG0049_zps6fb5abda.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 365
Superb, just what I was looking for, thanks guys.

I'm about the same position now as the pic of 72bbswingers so that's my plan
Plate over the holes from the engine bay

I actually cut out and placed 18 gauge in place of the old. Mostly because im weight conscious and I like buying cut off discs I guess....

right heres a what iv done, rather than plate over from the bay, i decided to go from inside the cab, i took it all back to bare metal, filled and painted, still one or two bits left to do

-
Back