SMR Shortie OD

-

71Duster

Reaction score
Still looking at overdrive options and automatics as well. Has anyone seen or used the SMR Shortie? It's only 7 1/4" longer then a stock 727, I'm just waiting on a price quote from them.

Also waiting on a price for the Keisler automatic -yes I know it's of GM origin-

Again anyone with experiance?

smr shortie is just a 727 with the "new" gear vendors shorty kit on it, i have heard some not so favorable things about (brain cramp, can't remember the name od the trans co. you mentioned), so if you had a local guy you might want to consider him. i also found this picture of the floor surgery that was needed to get the gear vendors in.....

gear vendors.jpg

I've heard good things about SMR from local guys and talked to him on the phone about a convertor sounded like a good guy.

I know it's just a gear vendors overdrive but their tailshaft is different in that it's only 7 1/4 inches longer total where as most guys are useing a different longer tailshaft for the gearvendors.

http://www.smrtrans.com/

I've heard good things about SMR from local guys and talked to him on the phone about a convertor sounded like a good guy.

I know it's just a gear vendors overdrive but their tailshaft is different in that it's only 7 1/4 inches longer total where as most guys are useing a different longer tailshaft for the gearvendors.

http://www.smrtrans.com/

the picture that is on gear vendors looks like the unit is more compact than the one on smr's web site. looks like the adapter on the first picture is shorter than the one on the second picture....i did speak with gear vendors aobut it, but don't remember what they said. i do know that the one on gear vendors web site uses a 4x4 output shaft. cope racing transmissons also has a shorty shaft listed.

727SS_Flat.jpg

shortie_jpg_w560h263.jpg

I purchased the Keisler auto kit last year.It was and continues to be a bad experience. It started with a bad sales experience (did not provide what was promised)that was only resolved after have my cc company pull the money from their account. The first wiring harness was defective, the transmission was and still is defective, and this was discovered after hours of investigation on my part and hours of e-mails and phone calls only to be told I had to ship it back at my cost and then they would determine if it was a problem that the warranty would cover (fat chance) and if they decide it won't I pay for the repairs and to ship it back. Oh and I find out during this time that he filed for banckruptcy. Other than that its been great!

-
Back