Snake Skin Top Option

-

Jofis

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of the 1973 Duster having a snake skin for the half roof vinyl top option. Restoring my sons duster we found pieces of this around all openings of window and sunroof. If its an option I would like to investigate it, its looks pretty cool.

Yes it was an option in 73 for all body styles
My 73 318 Duster is all original and an original snake skin top car with tan interior and exterior
Not sure if it is being reproduced by anyone so if its gone it is most likely gone forever unless NOS material is found

yes ...i had a duster with it too but i had to have it taken off ....i know its not real but snakes creep me out and i couldnt stand thinking about it and i didnt want to touch it ....so i was glad to be rid of it. LOL

My 73 318 Duster is all original and an original snake skin top car with tan interior and exterior
Not sure if it is being reproduced by anyone so if its gone it is most likely gone forever unless NOS material is found

Try these guys. I think they reproduce it.

Original Auto Interiors
7869 Trumble Rd.
Columbus, MI 48063

Toll Free: 800.318.1760

[email protected]

My 73 Gold Duster is an original snake skin top car

Attachments

• dustertop 018,2.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 714
Yea that is cool. I will show my son and see what he thinks. Thanks for the pics. I will also call around and that company you listed.

yes ...i had a duster with it too but i had to have it taken off ....i know its not real but snakes creep me out and i couldnt stand thinking about it and i didnt want to touch it ....so i was glad to be rid of it. LOL
That's very unfortunate...

Back in the day we called it the Alice Cooper roof,,,

Yea that is cool. I will show my son and see what he thinks. Thanks for the pics. I will also call around and that company you listed.
I’m pretty sure you can still find it.
One things for sure...there aren’t many of them around.
I think they’re pretty cool too.

You might want to check out a fabric shop like Jo-Ann.

I've found some darn nice vinyl bolts that work well on cars on sale relatively cheap.

I haven't looked specifically for snake/gator but you never know.

My 72 Duster was a half black vinyl..
I'm going to buy the half chrome and do my 73 in snake skin..

my car is half roof also . did you find a place who sells this roof . i need a seat cover for my split bench in gold and they are around 1000 bucks wtf

my car is half roof also . did you find a place who sells this roof . i need a seat cover for my split bench in gold and they are around 1000 bucks wtf
I had my seats custom done in alligator for $500...
IMG_0966~2.jpg
IMG_1030.jpg

No Different pattern. Actually looks like gator skin and is 1970 only on all body styles
Are you sure gator grain roof was offered on all body styles in 1970? I have a friend with a Dart Swinger 340 and it has gator grain top. If its a real one details are sketchy.

-
Back