Snakes in my yard and I mean a big one.

-

dartsport76

can't get right
Reaction score
Tha Snakes have really been bad this year, not sure why though. Last night I found this on not to far from the front door. After I cut the head off it still measured over 5 feet. Thats my father inlaw in the pic with me. Daddy's getting a new pair of Boots!!

snake pics 003.jpg

snake pics 005.jpg

snake pics 006.jpg

snake pics 007.jpg

snake pics 009.jpg

Diffenately a big sucker....you have to look hard to see them in PA...when I lived in N CA we had them so bad some days you couldn't get near the lake.

Hey, has anyone seen our pet snake Buddy? He is just a little over 5 ft from tip to tip and he's working on his 9th row of rattles. He's a funny little guy that likes to play by people's front doors but doesn't knives, truck tailgates and boots. ;)

I live right on the edge of the desert in So. Cal, and we get the rattlers all the time. Not too uncommon to see one sunning by the pool in the backyard or curled up under one of the cars. Its pretty easy to take a shovel or the pool brush or something and throw them over the fence into the storm drainage ditch behind the house.

This is the 4th snake I've killed in about a month, this one was the largest by far, So far to tally is 2 pigmy rattlesnakes, (small clever little jokers with a huge complex) 1 Caneback rattlesnake, (by far the prettiest snake of the bunch, and he knows it!), 1 Eastern diamondback, (they have a bit of an attitude and the size to go with it..)

There's only two kinds of snakes I'm afraid of.

"Dead ones and live ones"

I did eat rattlesnake a couple of years ago at The Big Texan in
Texas. Wasn't bad at all.

There's only two kinds of snakes I'm afraid of.

"Dead one and live ones"

I did eat rattlesnake a couple of years ago at The Big Texan in
Texas. Wasn't bad at all.

Tony,

I had steak at the Big Texan 2 times last year going and returning from Albuquerque last September. Great place to eat and a variety of beer brands also.

You have the snake and I'll have the steak, thank you! lol

Tom

If you guys notice on the second pic the middle of the snake is a little fatter than the rest, When we skinned him out the fat spot in the middle was a
squirrel it had eaten not long before the snake met Buck, my buck knife that is. LOL

They give me the freekin willies! Show me a snake and look for the vapor trail my shoes leave behind!

Man Dont kill the snakes! they eat the bad rodents! Seriously poisonous snakes dont want anything to do with people but I do understand the fear. I'm just against killing most any animals. I would rather they be relocated that killed. Snakes are cool!

I'd take a 5' snake over a 5' spider any day of the week, but having said that, I'd have to take 'em out too because of my dogs.

That is a mighty big rattler!

we used to keep a sawed off 12 Gage loaded with #5 bird shot just for snakes when i was a kid one shot to the head and the head disappears instantly!

Man Dont kill the snakes! they eat the bad rodents! Seriously poisonous snakes dont want anything to do with people but I do understand the fear. I'm just against killing most any animals. I would rather they be relocated that killed. Snakes are cool!
Most of the time agrre with not killing the snakes but I have a 2 year old that loves to play in the yard, I would never forgive myself if somthing happened to her, becouse I didnt kill the snake.

Yeah man I get that! You gotta protect the family. North Carolina has the highest number of snakebite per capita of any state in the union because of Copperheads. They like to sun themselves in sandboxes etc. Gotta admit those rattlers are a beautiful creature though :)

-
Back