Snapper Lawn Mowers

-

71DartGuy

Reaction score
Have any of you guys ever restored an old Snapper rear engine mower? I'm picking one up from my brother tomorrow morning and think it will be a fun little project. Post some pics if you've got some.

they are a great mower a little slow but will cut down quite a bit its like riding a little bush hog like i said they are tough

I've got a 10 hp rear engine 28" Snapper. This mower is very reliable and cuts very well. I use it as a backup to my 42" Craftsman rider. Snapper is a great mower.

dad bought one in late 70's and they are GREAT mowers. He bought a few more used ones over the years and put a new engine on one.

They pick leafs up very well (why dad really liked them) also walnuts and he had lots of them too

I gave away the 2 that were in the barn after he passed. I got tired of working on them. One I used for parts other worked and run good.

I have a snapper push mower, works on the same principle as the rider, 6 forward speeds and electric start (bought it for dad to be able to still mow if he wanted since he couldn't pull start his push mower) It is about 8 years old. Change the oil and sharpen the blade, charge the battery maybe one a year.

Awesome little mower! Mine has a 12 horse Briggs and I wouldn't trade it for anything. They are simple little mowers, but the work really good. I get lots of crap from my buddies - they say I look like 'Super Mario Bros', but I don't care, it mows like a champ and I've got like $40 in it.. Laugh all you want, but I like it!

-
Back