Snorkle Hood Scoop

-

maz72

Reaction score
Was this scoop specific only to the 72 Demon? I have a 72 Duster that has this style and was curious. I know from the fender tag that there was no goodies added to the hood from the factory for my car but wanted to know if it was available from the factory for a 72 340 Duster.

with the 1972 demon you got either a flat hood with no scoop, or you got the sport hood with this scoop. there was no other for 72 model. the striping is going to be on both. first pic is for the demon with the sizzler package and the second is for the demon 340. hope this helps

FH000005.jpg

FH000006.jpg

I heard over and over that the snorkle scoop was never offered on a '72 Duster, but I have one on mine. BTW maz72, I'm just down the road from you in Pottstown. welcome aboard.

72dustyer i think you are right. i have seen many with the dual scoop setup like the demon, i do not belive that it came on dusters originally. i know that the dual side scoop setup did (twister), but i think the dual scoop setup was for the dodges.

Hopefully one day my car will get one of those. But I'm not sure if they fit the '75 hood lines or not.

superdart said:
Hopefully one day my car will get one of those. But I'm not sure if they fit the '75 hood lines or not.

It will fit. Your 75 uses the same hood and 73 and 74 also the same hood as 69 barracudas. AAR sells the scoop and they make them specificly for 73-76 Dart hoods.

For what it is worth my stock '73 340 Duster has that exact scoop as a factory installed option with dual under-hood openings and all. Mine is a late July production according to the VIN.

I hope that helps -LY

7demon2 said:
with the 1972 demon you got either a flat hood with no scoop, or you got the sport hood with this scoop. there was no other for 72 model. the striping is going to be on both. first pic is for the demon with the sizzler package and the second is for the demon 340. hope this helps

Only on 72 Demon

Here was mine

th_Resized340DemonMikeandTim.jpg

Lone Yankee said:
For what it is worth my stock '73 340 Duster has that exact scoop as a factory installed option with dual under-hood openings and all. Mine is a late July production according to the VIN.

I hope that helps -LY

Don't think it was factory installed but definitely could have been dealer installed after the purchase!

i got one on my 92 dakota i work at a junk yard and one came in with it it even had those stripes on it its was i cool little truck but no title so i took the scoop

I don't mean to jack this thread, but I'm very glad you guys posted those pictures of the twin snorkle scoop. I just purchased a repro from Mopars by Crane, and I need some info. You can go to my other thread to see the problem I face.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=14024&referrerid=399

Can one of you with a factory installed scoop give me a measurement from the back of the scoop to the rear edge of the hood? Also, for those that are non-funtional (for looks only), how does the water get out from under your scoop? Does it simply seep out through a thin gap between the scoop and the hood?

Thanks for any info,
Jerry

[QUOTE='74 Sport]I don't mean to jack this thread, but I'm very glad you guys posted those pictures of the twin snorkle scoop. I just purchased a repro from Mopars by Crane, and I need some info. You can go to my other thread to see the problem I face.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=14024&referrerid=399

Can one of you with a factory installed scoop give me a measurement from the back of the scoop to the rear edge of the hood? Also, for those that are non-funtional (for looks only), how does the water get out from under your scoop? Does it simply seep out through a thin gap between the scoop and the hood?

Thanks for any info,
Jerry[/QUOTE]
see link:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=95114#post95114

Thanks for the informative pics.
One thing I've never quite understood... doesn't driving in a rainstorm
force water through a scoop and down into your engine bay?

Jerry

well i have never driven in rain so i don't have a definitive answer. i would imagine a driving rainstorm would allow some rain to come in. it would go directly on the top of the aircleaner. i don't think it would be very much though as the holes are set back pretty far, and the gaskets are there to help prevent it form coming in anyway.

-
Back