Snubber, what do you think of them?

-

70Barracuda

Reaction score
I run stock leafs and shocks, with a snubber. 4 speed. 340 in a 383 car. I know the torsion bars are thicker, thats why it drives so good. I wonder if the leafs are stiffer too? Would a softer leaf help the 60 ft?

What ETs are you running? Whats your 60ft times ?

Do you have atraction problem or just slow 60fts ?

You dont want to get rid of the snubber on a 4-speed car unless you switch to something like caltracs.

My 60 was 2.02. 13.13. I had 3.54s. It bogged a bit. 325 50 Drag radials. I should have tried slipping the clutch more. Now I have 4.10s, hoping that alone will give me .2 in the 1/4
Anyone have a gear change = 1/4 change to tell?

Your 60 fts dont sound bad for the ET. I just try the 4.10s first. Some people say the hook better without the snubber but they run autos. My not be a safe thing to do with the 4-speed.

You definitely don't want softer leaf springs, especially with a stick! A temporary band-aid for stock-type leaf springs is to clamp each spring leaf to the main one to stiffen the front 1/2. Like fastbackcuda said, keep the snubber.

If you have any wheel hop, the stiffer springs as well as stiffer shocks will help control that. Smaller O.D. torsion bars will help weight tranfer and traction.

Experimenting with your accellerator pump squirters and pump may help performance also.

Hope you have a driveshaft loop!

I run an 727 with 3.91 gears .I went from 1.67/1.70 to 1.59/1.63 60s after removing the snubber! The snubber STOPS THE SPRINGS FROM WORKING! The springs need a little bit of wind up to make them work.

-
Back