So /6 Matt

-
The first picture highligts the trunk whole.

The second picture was taken most recently, the day before Kaylieghs senior prom

Third picture, I was modeling the "Marching Cavaliers" New uniforms in front of my car.

Fourth is my mom and the car, wow she has lost a ton of weight since that photo!

And lastly was me and Kayliegh leaving my house for my junior prom.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_4644.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 193
  • 100_4220.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 174
  • matt's camera 022.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 215755_216843791661379_7979748_n.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 188
This one is a part of the car's history cause we did ride in the car, even though the car doesn't make an appearance in this photo because of the rain that day.

This was me and Kay before her senior prom last month.

Attachments

• 207114_10151903412929392_1289995022_n.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 170
interesting to say the least ....i think this was good thread to start ....kinda highlights one of our quieter members ......unlike me im a big mouth so everyone knows im up to.

but i think you have a lot to be happy about ...you got you a nice looking lady there and a cool car .......dang you have it all going for you.....Cavilers pic says your prolly a good student .....nice mom to hang out with.......very cool and very interesting person you are.

i dont know whats the business in your other thread about anit-depressants and all that jazz ....dang i would say you have a lot going for you from what i see in this short thread.

You got it all right Rani, accept the fact that I had alot going for me. And truth is, I'm just not happy with life. I'm also manic deppressive making my mood cycle like crazy. Even in the course of this thread. But enough of that. Main reason I got outta bed to do this was to be here with friends and share tales of fun and merriment.

EDIT: Thinking about it, that could be why trailbeast pulled me outta bed.....

You got it all right Rani, accept the fact that I had alot going for me. And truth is, I'm just not happy with life. I'm also manic deppressive making my mood cycle like crazy. Even in the course of this thread. But enough of that. Main reason I got outta bed to do this was to be here with friends and share tales of fun and merriment.

well your only 19 ...you have a long way to go ...if your not happy, there is plenty of time to change ....things will change in even just a few years ...im not that much older than you but i look back at 19 year old Rani now and think "wow, what a dumbass".... it will happen ....you will grow soooo much in years to come.

main thing is stay with us here ...we are your friends and keep moparing and take care of that loyal green dart.

hope to see some changes on the car soon or whatever you have planned pan out :toothy9:

Well here comes the changes.

First off is paint. Camaro Synergy will be the color

Attachments

• 01-camaro-synergy-detroit-630op.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 328
This is how I will paint the grill when I finish the fiberglass repair work, synergy green and gloss black though of course.

Attachments

• DSC_2635.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 185
Appearance wise, the car will sport the ducktail spoiler, '69 Dart Swinger tail stripe in black, performance hood blackout and functional scoops, some sort of front spoiler maybe like the one pictured above on the red dart, black vinyl top, black interior, and maybe T/A exhaust.

Also plan on having the rear bumper rechromed and moparmat2000 has a front bumper for me.

LED tailights, turnsignals parking lights, backup lights, and sidemarkers.

Don't know about rims yet. But steelies will be on the car soon and the cragers will be sold to another member.

I might go as far as shaving the drip rails and loosing the cowl vent. Many small details body-wise.

Haven't decided whether or not to keep the side molding either.

Ok, so I have my 003 Leaf Springs.

There will be subframe connectors added later, as well as helwig front and rear sway bars, eldelbrock IAS shocks and I haven't decided on torsion bars yet.

BBP wheels all the way around, discs up front will be standard mopar and rear will be ford.

Looking to do a Ford 8.8 Swap, 3.55 LSD and do the mustang T-5 swap.

Just reiterating that now that I have a clearer head.

Now for the fun part. My forte. Then engine.

Looking to do a cast crank 225 with an undertermined overbore (We'll see what happens there)

Lots and lots of head work, the biggest valves I can squeeze.

All the fun oiling mods listed here: http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29492

Camshaft will be the Erson .465" part# E470302

Looking to use an offy or clifford intake and a Holley 650CFM, most likely the holley will be the better choice.

Using the 7" 198 rod and suitable pistons I would like to target a 10-12:1 SCR and run water methanol injection.

Will be recurving the distributer and eventually investing in the HEI kit one of our members here offers.

I'll be using aussie speed headers with a dual 2" exhaust and X-pipe with electronic or cable operated cutouts and maybe side exit T/A exhaust if that would be possible dimensionally. If no T/A exhaust, I believe I will use Smitty's turbo mufflers.

Battery will be located to the trunk. The ignition will be mounted on the passenger side fender well, I plan to relocate the oil filter to the firewall cause I am lazy. I will have the block, head and intake as well as little here and there accents on the motor painted body color. Rocker arm cover and aircleaner will be black.

Plan to get a large aluminum radiator in the future, and I have two Dodge Neon fans I can make my own shroud to mount on the radiator.

I plan to run the Mr. Gasket water pump drive listed here:http://www.summitracing.com/search/product-line/mr-gasket-electric-water-pump-drive-kits?tw=mr. gasket electric water &sw=Mr. Gasket Electric Water Pump Drive Kits

I plan to run a reverse microswitch on the throttle to disable the alternator feild during WOT.

I also want to wire in a system so the water pump and fans will run after the ignition is off untill the engine and radiator reach a set temp. Manual overide will be wired into both.

Interior:

I have two seats from a '99 neon to be covered in matching black vinyl, they will also get universal heated seat pads. I have yet to work out how exactly to mount the seats.

Rear seat will be recovered. Carpet needs replacing, doors need repainting as does the dash. thinking of having seats and door panels done in black vinyl factory appearing with body color green stitching.

Front seats will feature a 5 point racing harness for safety.

I have plans coming to build a small center console to house a CD player, 4 cup holders and a small inverter with at least two 110 Volt A/C plugs. That's right, no more car chargers. I will also run ducting under the console tapped into the HVAC system under the dash to provide back seat passengers with rear heat/air.

Did I mention the car will feature a ton of sound and thermal insulation? I'm talking triple layering that junk.

Somehow or another I would love to add cruise control, we'll see how that goes.

Last but not least comes gauges. Gauges, I'm hoping to be illuminated by green LED. I haven't decided whether or not the gauges will be a custom aftermarket job or just the factory non rallye gauges. If I keep it stock, then a tac will end up somewhere and there will be a small gauge pod somewhere that has engine temp, oil pressure and tranny temp with actual numbers on the gauge faces.

The shifting will be handled by a pistol grip on a shorthrow shifter.

I've toyed with the idea of an overhead console too.

Sound system-wise, I want a CD player that can read mp3 discs and has aux imput as well as USB and SD card slots. I got a friend that can make a sound system that will sound just as good playing Eric Clapton as it will playing Korn.

I hope to have this done by the time I am 30. And it will be driven while it's being built, accept for those obvious stages in the project like the body and transmission as well as the final interior build stages. That is my goal. I want to drop my kids off at school in this car and peel out the parking lot, they'll be the cool kids in school.

Eventually I want another Dart to build for Kayleigh, maybe instead of black on green though, do green on black. His and her Dart's. Eventually some day closer to retirement years I would love to have a Dodge tow rig with matching paint jobs for those long distance car shows.

BTW, my car will probably go through many stages, that center console will be rebuilt many times as things change and I know the motor will go through several stages of life. Someday I aspire to have one of those 500HP turbo slant monsters like Bill Dedman and his friend are working on.

Oh good. So the phord stuff wasn't serious. Looks like you got the trunk straightened out good. And you also scored a pretty date. How in the hell did that happen?

You laugh but the 5.0 swap is fairly easy and the 8.8 is a breeze to put in. The T-5 not so much, may have to cut out your torsion bar cross member for shifter clearance. Don't be afraid of Foxbody pedals, they are really easy to install in the Mopar automatic mopar pedal bracket, already have mine together.

Good luck on the Ford drivetrain, and good choice :cheers:

Attachments

• 20130527_133957.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 143
Hell no! The Ford parts belong in dad's Falcon!

And as far as how in the world I ever got Kayliegh, I have suspected she is blind and leads a great charade.

I am now going to pretend post #45 did not happen.

Yeah, I am pretty sure we all should just ignore it. He'll be bitchin in no time why it threw a rod or four. lol

Hell no! The Ford parts belong in dad's Falcon!

And as far as how in the world I ever got Kayliegh, I have suspected she is blind and leads a great charade.

I know what you mean. I fell the same way about Kitty. Wherever we go she always looks like a super model. Love is blind as they say. lol

-
Back