So excited to finally have some paint on!

-

CudaChris67

Reaction score
PPG Deltron Paint, Southern Polyurethanes Universal Clear, shot with an Iwata Supernova in my garage

See the rest in the build thread-

Attachments

• IMG_20130911_201903_626.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_20130911_201912_159.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 210
Looks great. That Supernova is a fantastic gun. Do you have a good water filter on your compressor?

I have a hf water trap, but I also have the fancy "toilet paper" style drier/filter, and a pre-gun throw away type filter as well.

this was a test to:
a. see if I could still paint (oh wait I never really was a painter, i just watched one)
b. what level of prep is required for this color to look good (holy crap it needs to be perfect)
c. verify I love the color (Yep!)

http://amzn.com/B000HHZHP4

Attachments

• 51aMhRZ2kRL._SX385_.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 194
It Looks Great! How long did it take you to decide on it?
I'm making myself crazy about paint color, and it's still a long way down the road for my project.....

It Looks Great! How long did it take you to decide on it?
I'm making myself crazy about paint color, and it's still a long way down the road for my project.....

It took some time, but luckily you can do plenty of work before you have to decide.

I first wanted to paint the car sublime (when I was 16)

then blue from a 1999 Dodge Ram (after high school)
Gary_PA_99DodgeRam_1RR.jpg

When the 2006 Charger Daytona came out I fell in love with that color:
A69CUDA049.jpg

(member robertnb64's car)

I liked the color shift of the Daytona color, but was going to custom mix it to reduce the amount of red in it. Then in 2010 the viper and a few other cars appeared in Mango Tango/ Toxic Orange Code PVG

It is a little brighter, less red, but still has the orange/copper shift in color. At first I thought it may be a little to wild, but I am glad I went with it, has a nice POP to it with the color shift + 3 pearls

Nice, real nice.....
M son loves B3 Basin Street Blue, But I never saw it on a Duster where it was awesome.
So we are now between PB4 Cosmos Blue from the late model Wranglers, or what I hope I can bring him around to going with a Rallye Red which is a 1974 Duster color....
Enough of my stuff...Your paint is Great

Congratulations ! Wow that looks amazing :cheers:

Nice, real nice.....
M son loves B3 Basin Street Blue, But I never saw it on a Duster where it was awesome.
So we are now between PB4 Cosmos Blue from the late model Wranglers, or what I hope I can bring him around to going with a Rallye Red which is a 1974 Duster color....
Enough of my stuff...Your paint is Great

That PB4 is an awesome color. Rallye red is cool, but I like using non-stock colors.

Congratulations ! Wow that looks amazing :cheers:

Thanks for the props, if only my car was as clean as yours!

-
Back