So, I broke my ankle today...

-

damnimcooltom

Too Cool For School
Reaction score
Stupid weather. We've gotten over 70 inches of snow in ten days. I had to get on one of my sheds that covers one of my cars and clear off the snow before it collapses on it. It has a steel roof, so when I was done, I was kind of stranded on one downhill end of it. I jumped off into the 6' pile of snow, and didn't think I'd go all the way down. I caught my toes on a log on the bottom of the pile, and bent my foot up and broke my ankle.

Ugh. I think I'm about to get laid off, all of this snow is really becoming a hassle, and now this. I wonder what's going to happen next.

Damn dude, that sucks! And I read in an earlier post that you are sick of the snow already.....:angry7: Good luck, hope it heals quick!

Ouch! That hurts, I broke my heel bone 1 1/2 year ago, it still hurts in this weather. Hope you have somekind of short term disability coverage.

I feel for you.

Wishing you all the best.

Tom, best wishes for a full and speedy recovery! Get one of the neighbor kids to deal with all that white stuff so you can concentrate on what's important: YOU.

Ouch, that sucks! and maybe getting laid off? Look at the bright side you can spend more time on FABO.

Keep your spirits up. Did the Dr put you in a cast or a walking boot?

#-oOUCH!! Tom, I broke my leg in 11 placed almost 30 years ago and I't reminds me every winter...:pale:

I feel your pain honey. Like Leanna said, get those youngins to get the white $hit, you take care of you. I will keep you in my prayers. :angel9:

~Mary

I broke my ankle over the summer time at bike week in Myrtle beach, sucks....Best thing is to try and stay off of it as much as you can, i did not and should get surgery on it because of it not healing correct...

I am just in a splint for now, until an orthopedic surgeon can look at it and decide whether or not I need surgery. I broke this same ankle 20 years ago in two places.

Breaking at as an adult seems a lot more inconvenient than I remember it being when I was a senior in high school.

Wow.....totally sucks. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Yea...20 years ago everything seemed to be easier.....

Good luck and give yourself plenty of time to heal before you climb on the roof again. :cheers:

Ugh. I need surgery. At least it will heal faster, but it will cost a lot more, and I will be harassed at the airports from now on.

Ugh. I need surgery. At least it will heal faster, but it will cost a lot more, and I will be harassed at the airports from now on.

You sound like me with my right thumb. My cousin just about cut it off with a hatchet I was 9yrs old then. Then when I was 21 I got it caught in a wood plainer in which it took a good 3/8" right off the end of it. My poor thumb looks funky but it still works thank goodness.

Sorry to hear this, Take good care of it so it will not come back to haunt you
later in life.

That sucks. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
My brother messed his knee up getting out of the wrecker at work and slipped
on the ice the Monday before Christmas. His boss saw it happen so I guess
he can deny him works comp. He's got a brace on it from his upper thigh to
his ankle. He had to borrow an automatic tranny car he can drive his truck
with the clutch.

We're above average in snow here and winter's just started.
It already sucks.:thumbdow:

I broke a bone in my right foot years ago,
its not fun, trying to drive with the right foot in a cast.

Best wishes to you, and Happier New Year.

Perhaps get a snow rake???

Here is a very good one, a neighbor was using,
that I saw a few years ago.

http://www.snowcutter.com/

The cutting wire, available only on the Phillips Snow Cutter, causes snow to come of so cleanly and quickly that an entire roof can be cleared in less than HALF the time compared to a roof rake or other methods. Deep snow is divided into manageable layers that pull off smoothly while you remain safely on the ground.

The Phillips Snow Cutter is:

a quick and easy method to safely remove snow from a roof.
much easier to use than a roof rake or other methods.
designed for strength and durability with lightweight alloys and temperature resistant plastics

-
Back