Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Sell each part individually

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Tough it out and use the 4 speed

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
I did use Fastenal to ship a 904 to MO. I had to build an enclosure around the transmission so it couldn’t be seen. Maybe a new policy?

I did use Fastenal to ship a 904 to MO. I had to build an enclosure around the transmission so it couldn’t be seen. Maybe a new policy?[/QUlOTE]
A member on her shipped me a 904 just strapped to a pallet by Fastenal but that was 5 years ago or so. I imagine quite possibly time has changed some things. But even so, lot of boxes and trips to PoO if sent separately. I hate shipping anything! So I just keep everything!

I don’t mind shipping as long as I have some boxes (which I do have a supply of various sizes). I do it all online with the post office and do carrier pickup so I don’t even have to go to the post office.

Thanks to all the members who voted in the poll and commented in this thread. I have reluctantly decided to not go with the 4 speed and will post a package deal thread in a few days.

Thanks Kim! I will go ahead and use the A500 that Dynamic Converters rebuilt for me. They also reworked the torque converter for a little more stall.

I have reluctantly decided to not go with the 4 speed and will post a package deal thread in a few days.

Well, I had hoped to start a for sale thread listing all the parts but of course, it hasn’t happened yet. I was hoping to find all the bolts used so a buyer didn't have to go searching. Can anyone confirm these are all the major bolts needed:

1. Flywheel to crank bolts
2. Block to bellhousing bolts (number may vary between V8 bell snd slant 6 bell as I will have both
3. Bellhousing to transmission bolts
4. Hurst shifter box to adapter plate
5. Shifter handle to shifter box bolts
6. I can’t confirm at the moment as I’m i the hospital for gall bladder problems but think Brewers includes the special pressure bolts with his kit.
7. Lower crossmember to transmission bolts
8 How about the lower crossmember to frame bolts and nuts?
9 How about starter to trans hardware.
10. Both dust shields to trans bolts

Any other bolts I will need for a more or less complete swap?

Hope ur better soon Don. Seems about right. Any car should have the crossmember to frame bolts. How is the cross shaft held on to the bell? Kim

I don’t recall how it is on the V8 bell as it’s still attached. The slant one is loose so I’ll need to take a look at both when i get home Thanks for your input Kim

-
Back