So I went to see the band Tool last night

-

340dartswinger

Reaction score
Went to see Tool in Youngstown, OH. Man they rocked! This is my 3rd time seeing them in concert. Maynard is a rock god!!! Anyone else listen to Tool?

They must be good if you have seen them three time's.
But no, this old guy has never herd them, or herd of them.
I have seen Bad Compony in lakeland Fla, and seen them again in Tampa.
Pink floud ,E.L.O. Black Oak Arkansas, Hart, Backmanturner overdrive.
and a few more band's. I would like to go see Waiting for Helen.:cheers:
have you ever seen any of these band?
Glad you enjoy live music.

I support Live Music.:toothy10:

I have seen them once and it was an awesome experience! I have not been able to see them again unfortunately.

i just caught them down here in Ft. Lauderdale. They sounded awesome! The only thing was that Maynard hid in the shadows at the back of the stage with his back to the audience all night. It was a great show!!!:headbang:

i have never seen Maynard visable at any of the shows i saw. he always stays in the shadows. its his thing i suppose. and memike i def know Pink Floyd. There melodic sounds are amazing.

i just caught them down here in Ft. Lauderdale. They sounded awesome! The only thing was that Maynard hid in the shadows at the back of the stage with his back to the audience all night. It was a great show!!!:headbang:

To Day IS tomorrow's yesterday.:toothy10:

Mike,
If you liked ELO, are you aware of The Move?
They did the orginal "Do Ya". And since Roy Wood contributed to that recording of it WITH Jeff Lynn, I prefer it to the later ELO version.
Seems like Black Oak Arkansas opened for just about everyone back in the day.
The main reason I was posting is because I just think these are cool lyrics.
The song is Blazing Apostles from Sunburst Finish by Bee Bop Deluxe.

"Death drives an Airflow Chrysler on the streets of man
A hit and run driver cruising since the world began"

http://www.lyricsandsongs.com/song/566488.html

And you can see The Move and some Bee Bop Deluxe on Youtube.
Just type in The Move and Do Ya. Then go from there.

Oh, I almost missed this play on words:
These Are The Words Of Aaron by The Move.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yoNkToIcogo&mode=related&search=

We rock out to tool in this household. I think he waits in the shadows due to having a shoe thrown at him once. I think it happened here in Sac to. Also like "A Perfect Circle"

Mike,
If you liked ELO, are you aware of The Move?
They did the orginal "Do Ya". And since Roy Wood contributed to that recording of it WITH Jeff Lynn, I prefer it to the later ELO version.
Seems like Black Oak Arkansas opened for just about everyone back in the day.
The main reason I was posting is because I just think these are cool lyrics.
The song is Blazing Apostles from Sunburst Finish by Bee Bop Deluxe.

"Death drives an Airflow Chrysler on the streets of man
A hit and run driver cruising since the world began"

http://www.lyricsandsongs.com/song/566488.html

And you can see The Move and some Bee Bop Deluxe on Youtube.
Just type in The Move and Do Ya. Then go from there.

Oh, I almost missed this play on words:
These Are The Words Of Aaron by The Move.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yoNkToIcogo&mode=related&search=
I was not exposed to allot of tv and films, But let me say me and Treva
Enjoyed this **** out of the second site first song.
Is that an old custom key board I see there. 8)
I will have to go back and listen to the words again, I just had to post
to let you know. Out standing 1968 flower child group. :-D

memike,

Glad you enjoyed the video.
Well, I mispelled BeBopDeluxe. So if you tried to find it on Youtube, maybe you couldn't. Below is a link to Blazing Apostles.
Anyone that likes "Art Rock" should check out what Bill Nelson did with them.
(Tool comes under "Art Rock" I suppose. hum.)

Now, many groups were wildly popular in England, but never made it here.
The orginal Genesis comes to mind as one that only got FM airplay here. (Another "Art Rock" band).
The Move were one of my favorite groups. Everone should hear the album "Split Ends".
The first song BBC 1 played in 1967 was Flowers In The Rain, by The Move.

Roy Wood was responsible for much of their work. He helped form and then left ELO. After leaving the ELO he went solo with "Wizzard" and did some different stuff. (The makeup was a promotional gimmic for "Brontosarous" and sort of grew on him.) He is recognized as a musical genious and one of his song, "See My Baby Jive" went to number two in England. These are on Youtube along with a fairly recent clip of him in concert.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uFtJFXo7tZY

Went to see Tool in Youngstown, OH. Man they rocked! This is my 3rd time seeing them in concert. Maynard is a rock god!!! Anyone else listen to Tool?

I'm going to see them in New Jersey in 2 weeks. I saw them at Nassau Coliseum last fall and I was blown away... The last time I saw 3 musicians perform live that sounded that incredible was the first time I saw Rush over 25 Yrs. ago. Justin Chancellor is an amazing bassist... Dan Carey probably one the THE best progressive rock drummers alive, and Adam Jones is genius. Maynard is Maynard: The odd-duck thats bizarre and brillant at the same time. To say I'm a fan of Tool is an understatement. I have all their releases plus a few bootleg DVD's. Personal favorites? 46 & 2, Enema, Bottom, and JAMBI. Good lord, do those songs KICK ***!

And I know of what I speak....
GRM078-vi.jpg

BTW: This tour is being recorded for a live album and a movie, or so I've been told via a DJ on Sirius.

GRM078-vi.jpg

GRM078-vi.jpg

I am going to check this band Tool out!!!
Most likely Ceed probably has herd and enjoyed the band Too.
I will have to ask him.
Did some CCR and SRV and allot of fun music tonight with the kids
and then left out so they could do some of what I call thrash noise.
Just got back.

John, I am going to see Rush in August. I cannot wait. I am a drummer myself so I am excited to see Neil Pert. Dan Carey is an amazing drummer as well. I was blown away by their show and performance as well.

Tool freakin' ROCKZ!! I missed them last time they were here in Phoenix...they sold out in less than 3 hours!!

I saw Tool on a Lolapaloza tour a few years back. They're the best live band I've ever seen. Absolutely worth checking out! (they're hard, so take this with a grain of salt. That's my taste)

When I go see a band such as Rush or Tool it's like going to a music lesson: THIS is how it's done.

The first time I took my Wife to see Rush (I've seen them 11 times over the years...) I joked about 3/4 of the audience being musicians. When we got there I asked the guy next to me what instrument he played and he said guitar, when I asked the guy behind me he said drums. My Wife got a kick out of that....

I still can't get the timing right on JAMBI....and I've tried!
musik15.gif

-
Back