So many racing friends lost over the years

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
We do a nice Memorial Day lap of racers and family we have lost over the years. I don’t know them all buy I sure know most of them.

Saturday, May 25th - 3rd Annual In Memory Of/Memorial race. There will be a memorial parade lap after time trials are completed, and before eliminations begin. If you would like to add a name to be announced during the memorial lap, email Amber – [email protected].

RICK ADAMSON
ART ARMSTRONG
BILL BADER SR
JIM BAKER
BARNEY BARNETT
BARNEY BARNHART
KEN BERSCHNEIDER
FRANK BOOHER
DAVE BOYD SR
KENNY BOYD
MIKE BRADBURN SR
MARK BREWER
BILL BROOKMAN
THOMAS BUSH
BOB BUTTER
TONY CIOPPA
FRANK CRAWFORD
LOU DEBARTO
ROMEO DEBLASIO
AL DEIBLER
NIKKI DENIKER
LOU DEPRETIS
BILL DORNIN
TIMMY DOTTS
BUTCH DUERSTEIN
BILLY DURSTINE
ANDREW DUTKEWYCZ
JEREMIAH "JERRY" EDWARDS
TONY FAULK
DENNY FINAN
RALPH FISHER
FRANK FIUME
ARTHUR FREELAND JR
VINCE GALATI
JOE GALLO
PHYLLIS GENTILE
UNCLE MIKE GENTILE
ROSE GENTILE
CURT GEORGE
HENRY GLASS
LANCE GOOD
DALE GREENAWALD
DAVID GREENE
JOHN HAROLD SR
DAVE HEINAUR
CHARLES "AL" HELD
TOM HEMPHILL
ROBERT "BOB" JONES
JIM "JJ" JONES
TOM JONES
WILLIAM KLEIN III
TOM KNUPP
LARRY KNUPP
SONNY KRUEL
JOHN KUNSAK
RON KUTUCE
FRANCES LEWIS
DON LIBERATORE
HOWARD MARTIN
JOHN MATUSEK
RICH MCMAHON
JOE MEINERT
WALT MENTZER
GARY MILLER
RALPH MORGAN
EDDIE MUMAU
FRANCIS MUMAU
JOE MURDOCK
LARRY NEFF
BILL NESBIT
JERRY NETHER
AL NOVAK SR
BRIAN OBARTO
BILL PALMER
MATT PALYAS SR
BOBBY PARDUS
RICH PATON JR
SKEET PEACO
REGIS PENROD
DAVID POORMAN JR
BILL PREST SR
KEN REESEMAN
DWAYNE RESSLER
STEVE ROTH
RONNIE RUGGIERO
TRAVIS SANNER
JAKE SAVANI
CARL SCHODDE
HARRY SHEEHAN
WALT SILER
PINKY SPATARO
MIKE SPIERING SR
MIKE STEETLE
JIMMY TALLO
RODNEY TASSEY
CARMEN TEDESCO
BOB TEETS
RANDY TEMPLE
JOHN THACKER
DENNY THOM
RON THOMAS
JOHNNY TOROCKIO III
BILL TOVLIN
JOHN TROWER
LILY TURK
JOHN VARNER
DEMPSEY WALSH
MIKE WARNER
POPS WARNER
TOM WATT
DENNY WEIMER
MIKE WESTIN
BOB WHALEN
HENRY WILLIAMS
SHELBY YOUNKER
ANDY ZARNA
JERRY ZEDEK
BROOKE ZIMMERMAN

Wow, that is a long list.... Very cool what you all do there for those that are no longer with us.

That's thoughtful to keep a list of those who've past, I'm sorry for your loss'. I'm sure some of those had a internet name can you correlate any?

What were the usernames on Moparts?

I doubt any of these people were on here or Moparts. Maybe Randy Temple but I doubt it. These are mostly people that raced at keystone (or their family). Skeet was an announcer at Norwalk but often came to help out a big events, Bill Bader owner of Norwalk was a friend to most of us. Others like Jimmy Talow was or tow truck driver years ago and a great friend. Joe Gallo’s red duster and Randy Temple’s yellow duster.

IMG_3010.jpeg

IMG_3009.jpeg

IMG_3008.jpeg

IMG_3007.jpeg

IMG_2367.jpeg

IMG_2366.jpeg

IMG_2365.jpeg

IMG_2357.jpeg

Skeet Peco (announcer) red car, Jim Baker roadster, dirt track car, carmen Tedesco Lind time racer and family now owns keystone,

IMG_7654.jpeg

IMG_7657.jpeg

IMG_6928.jpeg

IMG_6922.png

IMG_6923.jpeg

IMG_6927.jpeg

47416747261_7455c88f6d_o.jpeg

IMG_5885.jpeg

I doubt any of these people were on here or Moparts. Maybe Randy Temple but I doubt it. These are mostly people that raced at keystone (or their family). Skeet was an announcer at Norwalk but often came to help out a big events, Bill Bader owner of Norwalk was a friend to most of us. Others like Jimmy Talow was or tow truck driver years ago and a great friend. Joe Gallo’s red duster and Randy Temple’s yellow duster.

View attachment 1716253016

View attachment 1716253017

View attachment 1716253018

View attachment 1716253019

View attachment 1716253020

View attachment 1716253021

View attachment 1716253022

View attachment 1716253023
Good stuff John! Yes I recall some of these guys. I think about death possibly a little differently, where I don't believe there is nothing left EXCEPT memories. Even some of us get occasional 'visits' which is a blessing. I'm remembering Randy "Labrat" from Moparts now. In my mind he too was gone too soon.

NorwalkMMW2013.JPG

Last edited:
I remember you 'recently' working with Joe's motor and learning he passed soon after. Did the family sell that car?

I remember you 'recently' working with Joe's motor and learning he passed soon after. Did the family sell that car?

Joe and I had two great days together playing on my flowbench with his Victor heads. He wanted to find out what they flowed before he ordered his cam. He did a great job on the intake side and I gave him some suggestions on the exhaust side. The second day we tested his work on the exhaust that he did on one port and he was shocked by the changes. He asked me what he owed me and I told him I’d like a picture of his car which hangs in my shop. I saw him at a test n tune one time after this the last test of the season. His son answered his phone when I tried calling him and his son recognized my name. After he told of Joes passing I offered to help sell anything that he needed help with. He thanked me but I never heard back from him. Hopefully joes car meant something to him and he kept it.

-
Back