So my Dart was targeted

-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
Gassed up my car last night, cost me $70. Went to bed to get ready to start driving for the car show the next morning.

Woke up and head out to my car. Something was off but didn't notice it at first. Engine wouldn't start. Notice the gas tank was empty. Go to see if my gas tank was leaking and noticed the gas cap wasn't there.

Someone siphoned the gas and kept the frigging gas cap! Got pissed off and took my pickup down to start looking for a gas cap get some gas in the gas can. Went to three different stores. Last store luckily had a single gas cap that would fit and one that locks.

The owner of the store told me I was the 3rd person that morning that had their gas cap missing and fuel siphoned. Figured I'd better call the RCMP and report it. Was transferred to an officer who told me I was the 8th person to report it that morning.

Price of gas right now. Even with oil being **** (doesn't make sense to me either). I'm not surprised this stuff happens. Probably some punk kids. I got a big ugly locking gas cap. That I hate the look of. But love that it locks.

So the car show I was in today gave me the "Hard Luck" trophy for this. But I passed the trophy along to two friends. They had to have their '67 Dart GT trailered home after breaking a ball joint on the way to the show (they didn't mention it to anyone, even to me, until after the show was done).

-
Back