So this car rolls up to my shop today

-
Adam: If you see the car again get the last four numbers off of the vin for me.
I am interested in how close it is to mine, It look like a twin but I have a chrome rear bumper.

Kenny

I can do you one better. Before I left for the Army in 2004, I stumbled upon a 1970 Cuda 340/727 B5 blue, in a barn. Body was solid, paint was still decent, guy parked it in the early 80s he said cause reverse went out in the trans. He wanted 500 bucks for it, I didn't do it..... he ended up taking the whole car to the local scrap yard and got 200 bucks for it and watched it crushed.....:eek:ops::sad5:

Arghhhhh that makes every bone in my body hurt. Wow and I thought my story was bad!

Adam: If you see the car again get the last four numbers off of the vin for me.
I am interested in how close it is to mine, It look like a twin but I have a chrome rear bumper.

Kenny

Can`t tell for sure in the pic but that rear bumper looks like it might be chrome, maybe it`s the light hitting it but it sure looks shiny? Could you even get a elastomeric front bumper/chrome rear bumper combo from the factory?

Yep you sure could;
A21-Elastomeric bumper group-front only
A22-Elastomeric bumper group front and rear[Rallye Red only until 1/5/70 then
EB5,FC7,EF8,FJ5,FK5,EW1,TX9 and FY1.

That car is just sexy sweet . Love the color combo , engine combo , and everything else about it !!!!

Can`t tell for sure in the pic but that rear bumper looks like it might be chrome, maybe it`s the light hitting it but it sure looks shiny? Could you even get a elastomeric front bumper/chrome rear bumper combo from the factory?

They were both rubber

Yeah they are stupid money now. I had a Panther Pink 70 Cuda back in 2004. Sold it the day my son was born. Kick myself every day. I got $10,000 for it.

AdamR, $10k, that really stinks. That black 70 is one sweet Cuda. I can see why it was love at first sight.

My buddy sold his 70 Challenger R/T in plum crazy with 340/4 spd which was as near perfect as they get for $8k in about 2001. I'm sure that doesn't make you feel any better though.

Not to trying to be "that guy" but it couldn't have been an R/T. If it was an original 340 car, this would have been an A66 optioned Challenger. For some reason, the 340 wasn't available in an R/T in '70. The A66 performance package cars are very desirable today. Not very common.

I have a '70 Challenger but sadly not an A66 or R/T. I love it anyways.

Sorry to hear about the pink car as well. I have always wanted an FM3 Mopar. Did it have the 383 in it??

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Yes, these cars are meant to be driven. Best part of owning it if you ask me. Drove it out to Carlisle this year and had a blast. I drive it to shows, drag race it most times even, then drive it home. Only way. Forces you to keep it running perfectly. Half the fun is the constant tweaking and tuning.

Have fun, John

Attachments

• Resized cuda.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 113
Welcome, here... What's the best E.T you have ? ( Between standard radials and/or OEM bias plies. Drag radials, maybe?) Sweet Ride!

I ran 11.7 at Mopars at Englishtown last year on radials. But I think it was either a fluke or a mistake. I have not come close to that again. Runs high 12's normally and a best recently of 12.6 on polyglas. Just time trials. I wI'll compete in pure stock at muscle car shows next season. John

-
Back