So, you think you have snow. pics

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know somebody has more snow than we have around here, but this is what 80" in the last 5 weeks looks like. Five weeks ago, the ground was bare here.

Jack

Attachments

• DSCI0001 [800x600].jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 538
  • DSCI0002 [800x600].jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 549
  • DSCI0003 [800x600].jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 551
  • DSCI0004 [800x600].jpg
    115 KB · Views: 538
  • DSCI0005 [800x600].jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 548
  • DSCI0006 [800x600].jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 560
Do you have concerns about the build up of snow on your roof? Do you try to remove it to reduce the load on the roof? Looks like alot of weight up there. Stay warm and protected.
Here in NM we were colder than fairbanks Alaska yesterday:) We have cities without natural gas and propane due to high demand. The Governor has issued a state of emergency to help out. She is asking everyone to reduce consumption and schools are closed too. Good times:) This was just two days of cold....I wonder what would happen if it lasted longer?

Do you have concerns about the build up of snow on your roof? Do you try to remove it to reduce the load on the roof? Looks like alot of weight up there. Stay warm and protected.
Here in NM we were colder than fairbanks Alaska yesterday:) We have cities without natural gas and propane due to high demand. The Governor has issued a state of emergency to help out. She is asking everyone to reduce consumption and schools are closed too. Good times:) This was just two days of cold....I wonder what would happen if it lasted longer?

As a matter of fact I will be shoveling the snow off my roof this weekend. The snow that is here now is fairly light, but if it rains then it will get very heavy.
Two days of cold, I wish. It has been below freezing here for a month. The coldest nights have been -29 to -30 C. I guess that is about -23F. Not the coldest I have ever seen here but I did have to stop wearing my shorts. LOL

Jack

Hey Jack. Nice to see climate getting back to normal. Like you said five weeks ago you had bare ground while southern, va had 2 plus feet. Now we have bare ground here and i was tooling around in my valiant last Saturday. All snow pics aside love your house, very efficiant yet attractive design.

Oldschoolcuda

we got 1 inch and they closed the Air Force base and all the schools
for 2 days!!!!

80" That is awesome. :headbang:
We got 20" and people acted like the world was ending. Damn people we get snow every year. Stop acting like complete idiots when you drive.

Sorry, I will get off my soap box now.
Yes, you win. Now stop showing off:lol:

I thought places that get heaps of snow, would have steep angle rooves, so the snow wouldn't stay too thick on them.
Here, we have like 12.5* to 15* rooves.....catch rain.....LOL

Sorry but you aint the only one buried in this crap:cussing:

Attachments

• 000_2618.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 388
I thought places that get heaps of snow, would have steep angle rooves, so the snow wouldn't stay too thick on them.
Here, we have like 12.5* to 15* rooves.....catch rain.....LOL

The roof pitch most common around here is 4-12. The truss systems we use are designed to take a big load. I won't be shoveling the whole roof, just the worst spots.

Jack

Holy molley look at all that snow :tongue9:
Looks like you are well equipped to get things dun around your home Jack
I was surprised to see that our members in Rola Missouri just 150 mile north of us owed a snow blower:happy9: Raysandy and his friend sent me some pictures of his place to me yesterday
Looks like you have everything under control Jack, I bet you have a pig pack of snow there to the right side of your drive way where it looks like you have been pushing it. Job well dun :coffee2:

Attachments

• Snow.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 212
  • snow1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 220
  • snow2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 218
I have not seen snow like that since I was a kid growing up in Wisconsin...........and now I live in kentucky where 1-2 inches makes people panic...

I think I have you beat Jack. I believe were at all most 80" since Christmas

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 240
  • 019.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 243
  • 021.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 245
Looks familiar Jack. I've lived in my house for 24 years, and this is the first time I've ever had to go up and shovel the snow off my roof. And I've had to do it twice already this year. Both times I had abouit a 4' drift from the South peak down to the North gutter. Not my favorite job. :)

and to think it got sooooooo cold here i was worried that my pipes might freeze. lol I do not miss the snow one bit. ill stick the the AZ year round summer.

-
Back