SoCal or Bust

-

areg

Reaction score
In late June I convinced myself to fly north to purchase a 67 barracuda from WA state. The add said it runs and that was all I needed to know a few hours latter I was in SEA-TAC, where the PO picked me up and we made our way to Olympia. The car sounded a bit ruff and the clutch fork had some issues with disengagement, but all I was thinking is I can get it into 4th gear I'm good. We settled up the finances and headed to the auto parts store to get a starter since the current one had a bad bendix system it was a minor issue, but the PO felt obligated to make right. We never did get to the starter as it was getting late in the day and it became apparent that the headlights were not working. We replaced the switch with the help of the O'Reilly Auto Parts Crew, but that did not fix it so we had a mini session of "Overhauling" going on in the parking lot and rewired the headlights with a switch under the bumper +1 for O'Reilly Auto Parts Crew! Finally the 16 hour trek to SoCal started, but with all the issues and the car running a bit ruff I white knuckled it to Beaverton OR and invited myself to stay the night at a friends house. The next morning I looked into getting a transport, but thought maybe just maybe it will make it to SoCal so after breakfast I started my 14 hour drive.

Some where outside Arbuckle California...

happier times

20130803_100454_zps257b7e5e.jpg

to be continued

Hope you made it home safely. I hate being stranded in the middle of nowhere..

And welcome to this forum from tiny Nova Scotia :)

Ian.

Hope you made it/make it! I have driven that long stretch of the 5 from Vancouver, WA down to San Diego, and there are some lonely stretches of road, I can tell you that. Welcome!

-
Back