Solid A body in New England area (wanted)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

swinger340

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for solid car to make a street/strip car out of. Or one already done if price is rite. Wife wants me to detune the panther pink 71 duster for her. Looking for another body to put the running gear in. 450HP eddy headed roller 340, 727 w 3800 stall, and 3:91 gears. She loves the car but hates the running gear. Im just the oposite. Love the running gear and hate the color. On the bright side the car goes good enough to back up the gay color. Car also attracts more chicks than a puppy. LOL!!!

Good luck in trying to find a solid New England car. When I bought my Duster from Freetown Mass 11 yrs ago, it looked solid until I started digging into it. I have come to the realization that New England and solid do not go together regarding an old car unless it has been garaged all it's life and seen no snow or salt. But then again the roads in Massachusetts were another story... Pothole city.

I've got a nice survivor 74 Duster on ebay right now, but doesn't sound like what you are looking for. Here in NY, same story. I bought a 69 Cuda NY car a few years ago and I knew it had some rust and bondo, but when I got the paint stripped, I REALLY got discouraged. I have been sloooowwlly making and welding in patch panels etc. What a pain, was fun at first. Hoping when I sell the duster it will force me to get serious with Cuda again.

Good luck.

Good luck in trying to find a solid New England car. When I bought my Duster from Freetown Mass 11 yrs ago, it looked solid until I started digging into it. I have come to the realization that New England and solid do not go together regarding an old car unless it has been garaged all it's life and seen no snow or salt. But then again the roads in Massachusetts were another story... Pothole city.
That is for the most part true. But alot of the cars up here now are from down south or out west. I didnt say it has to be an original NE car. Just want a solid car that is now in the NE area. I have 2 solid cars now. One made its way here from Texas and the other is actualy a barn find that is original to maine but was tucked away since 73. I have seen alot of nice solid cars in Maine and NH that were brought in from other states.But you are definatly correct. A solid original New England car are few and far. Unless your my uncle who has a 70 duster he bought new in 71. Tucked in his garage w/ only 12k original miles on it. Original tires even. Car makes me sick. He wont sell it to me bacause he knows what my plans are.

I've got a nice survivor 74 Duster on ebay right now, but doesn't sound like what you are looking for. Here in NY, same story. I bought a 69 Cuda NY car a few years ago and I knew it had some rust and bondo, but when I got the paint stripped, I REALLY got discouraged. I have been sloooowwlly making and welding in patch panels etc. What a pain, was fun at first. Hoping when I sell the duster it will force me to get serious with Cuda again.

Good luck.
Checked it out. Appears very solid. And its now in new england. Isnt that weird? People are trucking solid cars in daily. So to say there are no solid cars in New England is far from true. I have buddies w/ some of the solidest cars you will ever see. 2 trailer queen super birds in Bangor maine, 68 Hemi GTX in Benton Maine,70 440+6 Roadrunner Leeds Maine, and a 71 hemi cuda in Freeport Maine w only 8K miles on it. (just to name a few) They are around, but 9 out of 10 are trucked in. Like your Duster. How long of a drive are you from Kittery maine. I may be interested in your car. Would it drive to maine w/o any problems? Looks to me like it most likely would.

Looks like about 430 miles from here to Kittery if I mapped it right.

I talked to a guy who dealt in classic cars in Indiana a few years ago and he actually surprised me. He said he liked cars from NY because guys kept them garaged all winter. Wow! I know that is true for some, but I think a lot more of them, especially 60's and 70's muscle got driven in the rain and snow (and NY loves to salt the roads in the winter, and I personally appreciate the safety factor). I think that guy was talking about 80's Monte SS. BTW, the car should make the trip fine.

Another member on here ( moparclown) and a friend of mine has a 68 dart GTS 340 for sale in northwest conn. I,v looked at the car and it's pretty solid with minimal metal work needed. I think his asking price is 5500.00. I wish I had the space for it. It might be worth checking it out.

Another member on here ( moparclown) and a friend of mine has a 68 dart GTS 340 for sale in northwest conn. I,v looked at the car and it's pretty solid with minimal metal work needed. I think his asking price is 5500.00. I wish I had the space for it. It might be worth checking it out.
Iwould love another 68 GTS. Sold my 68 sunfire yellow 340 GTS 5 years ago and miss it. The 69 340 4 speed swinger isnt the same. Manual everything, its more of a handfull after 2 shoulder surgerys.

needs some work but not a rot box. only on the roof from the vinyl. came from cali 3 years ago with the black plates
in CT 06410

Attachments

• 73 dart sport 004.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 73 dart sport 015.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 130
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back