solid engine mounts

-

swingtown

master of the mech. thing
Reaction score
mounts are made by moroso for the a-body small blocks..
im having a hell of a time putting them in. any body know any good tricks to get them to line up with the cross member?

Ive used them in my last few cars with out issues. Do you have the engine brackets on the right side ? Theres a right and a left, if there crossed nothing will line up.

i had a little issue with the hole and dimple lining up. it seemed the dimple was to big for the hole. grinder fixed that prob.

let me know if a pic. will help..

ok, maybe i have them on wrong..
does the passenger side brkt go in front(close to rad)
or does it go behind the ears (close to trans?) also which way does the driver side go on? by the way the brkts are new from schmocker(spelling,oops?) had them for a while now but i lost the install sheet.

the simplest thing to do is to line up the mount to frane hole and see where it lands. if your trans mount is ok and tight, it locates the block ears over the mount. i know that this sounds too simple but it may help. also, is it a 73 up or 72 back k member? here is something cool, if it is a 72 back ive used a 70 back truck motor mount without the rubber blocks, just bolt it to the frame and tighten it down.

ok i put them on very loose. then i lowered the engine down. i was then able to tighten all the bolts nicely. thanks postcar for the help!

-
Back