solid, poly,or rubber mounts

-

abodyhotrod

Reaction score
i am currently running a torque strap w/rubber motor mounts and a poly trans mount. i just put in the poly mount and it vibrates alot. i really like the ride of the rubber mounts but they only last about 6 months before they pull apart. what choice did you make and why.(this is a 13sec. street strip car)

I use poly mounts for everything in all of my cars. I don't notice any real vibration problems, though, and back when I did run rubber mounts, they lasted for a very long time. Are you sure everything is lined up/balanced properly?

I use a solid mount, It consists of 2 summit rod ends and some threaded pipe. I allows the engine to float around but just not pull up. Never replaced the motor mounts, some of the engine vibration does make into the car but still livable.

sum-tsmx8.jpeg

i my have some engine, transmission, rearend miss alignment problems going on. i have changed everything myself. motor, tranny, rearend ect. i have the right harmonic balancer,weighted converter,and my drive shaft was just re- done by our best driveline shop in town who also shimmed my rear end(but never drove the car)...my car has always had a vibration even before my work. if you were to drive 65mph and let off the gas it would vibrate bad on and off while decelerating, w/a slight vibration at just above idle. i have had all four wheels aligned at a shop(the car drives straight no hands) how do i go about lining up my motor and trans to my rearend, or any ideas?(maybe now the car has insurance i should take it back to the driveline shop)ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i hate giving my keys over. :-|

-
Back