Some more Carter carb questions

-

Reaction score
Stupid question maybe but it has too be asked eventually, looking at the scan 1 photo you will see the carb I am planning to use was manufactured for various model vehicles 1978 and is listed as 8137S second model down ( my highlighter dosent show up in the scan )

This carb was set-up for an automatic trans car and flows 220 CFM.

My truck is a 1986 manual trans stripped of most emissions related stuff

Scan two 1978 6 cylinder truck lists a few different manual trans carbs avail and all are showing 285 CFMs but I see no indication of the internal differences between any of the carbs on either sheet and the biggest differences they noted between the two carbs ( from what I can see ) are the CFM ratings.

The Super six was evidently offered on trucks and vans up until 1980 ( Super Six two barrel option offered from 1977-1980 ) but so far I have only Carter carb info 1978 and prior.

Should I be trying to find out what was different between the manual trans and auto trans carbs offered and build mine in this way.

Should I be trying to find out what internal differences these two carbs had ( truck and auto for 1978 model year ) and set mine up so that mine flows the higher CFM the truck carb evidently flows?

Ill stop here cause the questions just keep coming.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 94
  • scan0002.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 86
-
Back