Some one should make these!!!!

-

mwls73duster360

Bad as Buddy Holly
Reaction score
Ok guys i have had this idea for years now but never the money to bring it to life. everyone has probably seen these hub odometers on trucks.(pic below) well my idea is to use a similar system to stop the hub piece from rotating but make it so you can ad car logos or other symbols over it instead of an odometer. hence your wheels would spine but( example) your pentastar would not. i think they would sell like crazy i know i want a set lol.

Attachments

• hubodometer.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 451
they do LOL

spinners.gif

lmfao no like this something that dosent spin with the wheel but stays upright as you drive lol

Attachments

• hubodometer.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 454
if you look at a hubometer as the trucks drive they rock a little back and forth but dont spin in order to count the mileage

I think its just a hubometer with a shaft on the back that sticks through the hub (maybe through a bearing?) And bolts on or something similar and has a weight in the bottom of it to keep it from spinning.

example in motion

Attachments

• imageshrdhrhr.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 419
  • imageshrdhrhryert.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 434
Also if you watch duck dynasty in the intro where they pull up in the rolls royce you see the double d center cap shake a little and then center back up like your saying

well i was going to buy one and remake them myself you know one of those ideas to make cash lol but got to have the money to start making them. so some one should jump on this heck ill buy a set from them if they do lol

i have no idea what duckdynasty is rofl still i have searched for them every where never found them like this also idea was to make the logo interchangeable so you could put what ever in there riceburner guys would sure by the hell out of it lol

well ill check this for about two days to see if anyone thinks they can do it then i guess it will go back to when ever i can afford to start making them lol a new hubometer just to tare apart is around 50 bucks maybe ill just start from scratch with a stock center cap off something.

they came on 69 road runners, but covered the entire wheel

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 404
  • 2532438880_cb3f7d26b2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 390
lol i dont think they would be hard to make if you had the right tools and a good idea in your head of what you wanted the finished product to look like, aside from that it would just be finfing the right materials.

pretty sure rolls royce and bently both have hubs like this. The duck dynasty guys just put their logo over the rolls royce logo.

what ya say SI???????? LOL the show cracks me up it's priceless !!!!!!!!

Like mentioned by Keith, Rolls Royce does already have that design on their newer models.

well hum? might be able to use one to make my own set i just need a basic idea to start from but again their hub is most likely way to much lol

They have something very similar that I have seen guys do at car shows. Not something that is produced but I've seen s few guys do it

-
Back