Some people just shouldn't own a mopar

-
This guy will be on his death bed smiling some day about all the fun he had with that car. some guys will die thinking about how much they wiped down their car with a towel in the garage. I know which camp I'd rather be in.

The trunk open is a nice touch.

I have NEVER needed to pump the gas pedal that many times, reminds me of when Mark Warman poured almost an entire red solo cup of fuel down the carb of a car and wondered why it wouldn't start.

The trunk open is a nice touch.

I have NEVER needed to pump the gas pedal that many times, reminds me of when Mark Warman poured almost an entire red solo cup of fuel down the carb of a car and wondered why it wouldn't start.
it depends todays gas dries up in the biowl in less than a week.if it isnt driven daily and th choke is wired open(how I usually run mine) it will start like that. Once warmed up I can reach in through the window and turn the key and it fires right up...:)

I'm confused, why shouldn't he own a Mopar? Looked like he was enjoying his car to me, and it still worked when he was done with it.

it depends todays gas dries up in the biowl in less than a week
I don't mean to argue....
BUT...

If that was the case then the accelerator pump would not have any fuel to pump.

After a few seconds of cranking the fuel pump will fill the bowls if they are dry.

So crank for a few seconds, then pump a couple times, then crank, then pump a couple more of needed.

My dart if driven in the last couple of days will fire with 1 to 2 pumps then a few seconds of cranking.

If it sat for more than a week, 3 to 4 pumps, (I have verified there is fuel in the shots) crank for a few seconds, maybe 1 to 2 more pumps and crank again and it fires up.

Certainly smoothed right out when he got into it.. LOL Young and dumb.. been there, still have the smiles!!!!

Nothin wrong with beatin the piss out of em. @Oldmanmopar havent you posted videos of doing burnouts in your orange car?
I have a Harley Sportster and i rode it to work one day a coworker was like "you shouldn't be speed shifting it like that" i said "If It cant take my beating I don't want it..." people and their opinions LOL!

I too am also certain the choke is wired open. It was actually running pretty decent considering the condition. It looks to be a solid #3 car. Driver quality with plenty of room to pretty it up. (1 being concourse level condition. And 5 being junk with missing components.)

Most all likes a #2 car. Nice enough to show a little. But not a sin to drive. (Of course there is plenty of in-between points. As an example. I consider my GTX vid below as a 2.5. Not numbers matching, thus won't win any ribbons but is not embarrassed at a local show. This #3 car is a little dirty to show in my opinion. But I would find room for her if price was right.

The right question. What would you pay for this '71 Demon shown as subject?

I wish I had it .Brings back memories. Bought a 72 Demon same color 4 speed for $1600.Just out of high school. Beat the bag out of it like that. Sold it 2 years later for $1600 bucks. Wish I kept it. Used a quart of oil a week but just needed valve seals. I was too young and dumb to know that then, that's why I sold it.

1971 340 4 spd Demon, with no rust and looks to be original paint and straight.

My thought was it looks like an extremely rare car. Body looks very nice . To just fire it up cold and try and destroy it is a dam shame.

My Duster doing the burnout was far from original. Back half was a 6 cylinder car that was used to rebuild a wrecked race car.

Yes I have beat on old mopars before stripping them because they were to far gone to be saved. I just feel for that old Demon that someone probably took care of for many years.

I saw a video once where a guy was beating on an old Camaro and he fell out onto the street when the door flew open. I was hoping to see the same thing happen with this guy .

It’s cool to have differing options, that’s what makes this hobby great and gives us the variety of vehicles there are. From show queens to daily beaters. I for one feel like this car deserves to get beat on and if it were mine, rare or not, that’s how I’d drive it. And I’d have a blast doing it.
When I was in high school a friends dad was an original owner of a 70 boss 429 4 speed mustang. He’d let his kid drive it to school. We beat the absolute piss out of that car as well as our own. His dad would say “I bought it to race it, might as well race it”. Car sold last year at Mecum for 450k. If it was mine I’d do it again tomorrow.

I too am also certain the choke is wired open. It was actually running pretty decent considering the condition. It looks to be a solid #3 car. Driver quality with plenty of room to pretty it up. (1 being concourse level condition. And 5 being junk with missing components.)

Most all likes a #2 car. Nice enough to show a little. But not a sin to drive. (Of course there is plenty of in-between points. As an example. I consider my GTX vid below as a 2.5. Not numbers matching, thus won't win any ribbons but is not embarrassed at a local show. This #3 car is a little dirty to show in my opinion. But I would find room for her if price was right.

The right question. What would you pay for this '71 Demon shown as subject?

Seeing it has a 70 dash and 72 interior. the vin and engine numbers would determine the final price. solid running rust free 4spd car in need of resto with no rust. $15 - $20K . Probably worth more to someone that doesn't have one.

Seeing it has a 70 dash and 72 interior. the vin and engine numbers would determine the final price. solid running rust free 4spd car in need of resto with no rust. $15 - $20K . Probably worth more to someone that doesn't have one.
I was thinking very close to that. I'm pretty sure i wouldn't be looking over $20. It would have to be in the teens. And of course just takes one bidder to disagree.

He needs better video skills!
But I think he ha a 3/4 race cam and a torq chain!!
He did miss the power pole!
Where's he from Pa.!!??? :BangHead:
:poke:

Probably not his car and he is a shivvvy or furd guy.

Nice original car? I doubt that, it doesn't even have rear marker lights on the 1/4s. But cool? **** yeah it is, and kudos for a guy enjoying it. Better than letting some guy part it out

-
Back