Somebody get the spelling police !

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
This guy is a serious offender.
From a local ad for a 73 Duster.

"I'm selling my 1973 plymouth duster I bougt this car as protect but I decide to get different car the car is on good shape I'm so sad to see it go but I have to do what I have to do my plans has be change so if you interesting give me a call at"

First ad I've seen where I have to be "interesting" to call about the car.

Maybe he will cut you a smokin deal, he cares less about money and just wants the car to go to someone interesting!

Was it for sell?

Is his lost your gane?

Why did he have to sale it, again?

Man, I tell ya.
I was just doing some looking on Craigslist for a replacement motor for my Dart, and every time I go looking for something I end up just getting so annoyed I can't concentrate.
Can't even spell the name of the town they frikin live in, let alone get the point of the ad across. (yet they know the engine is in perfect condition?)
And the amount of them that say "No Emails or Text's, Call only", and then don't even put thier phone number in the ad.

I hate feeling judgmental over it, but holy crap it makes me feel like I live on a planet full of stupid people.

You do live on a planet of stupid people, you don't have to read anything to know that, just look at what is going on around you!

Jeff

It's going to get worse. "Nobody get's left behind", has turned into "We'll push you into the next grade anyway."

That's bad, I've seen worse and from Master and Doctor level people. Punctuation is lacking too.

It's hard for me to look down upon though, I too am spelling challenged. I like it when people think your a moron because you can't spell. English is a mutt language with rules that contradict themselves. In the end, it's being lazy, just not proofing your work and making an attempt to present your thoughts in words in an understandable and logical manner. Basically know your weakness and attempt to improve it. We all have weaknesses.

Years back the average intelligence for this country was at about the fifth grade level. Not your great-grandfathers fifth grade. I assume it has gone down somewhat since then.

The ones that get me are the ones that state something like "new break's". Does that mean it has new brakes, or every day something new breaks? :angry2:

what hate worse is when these people have to add a "Y" or "I" the end of every car part like its some kind of short cut . I often wonder if they really talk that way.... crap like

dizzy - no im not dizzy but I have had a couple ex' s that were
mani - no I only see one , not many
carby - no , im trying to watch my weight
chally - what the hell is a chally ?
tranny - no but thanks for asking
blocky - is that like a socky?
pulley - finally one I can understand
posi - ok chevy guy

is my dizzy jacked up because my mani is too hot for the carby in my chally ?

Let's not forget "beastie".

Really?

I can handle a little jacked up spelling here and there. However the lack of punctuation gets me fired up.

when joking around i'll type funny, like diss yO, BUT when one is trying to conduct business you would think they would try to sound like they have a brain. man, i fukkin hate people lolZZZ

good chance it's a Nigerian scam when the spelling is that bad as with have the other craigslist adds that come up like that.

1979 CHEVY CAMARO RARE 4X4 CUSTOM BUILT 4 WAY LEAF SPRINGS SOLID AXLES Warner LOCKING HUBS REAR HEAD TURNER

1979 CHEVY CAMARO RARE 4X4 CUSTOM Lifted with 34 inch super swappers out low aluminum rims B&M rachet shifter shift kit in Trans Was built on 1977 FULL SIZE blazer chassis K5 ,SOLID FRONT AXLE WITH LOCKING HUBS FOUR WAY LEAF SPRINGS ,A real head turner beast 350 Chevy small block ,dual exhaust loud and fast can light up the rubbers for all blocked no problem One-of-a-kind Hand built show stopper at any show needs alittle TLC But overall nice leave a message and I will call you back show contact info DONNY call for an appointment

Here is tough read from Craigslist
Such a very special car it is ...or whatever it is?

Holy mother of run on sentences. Going through Comp I and Comp II really made me hate when people write like this. Grammar isn't easy but its not very hard either.

-
Back