Somebody really thought this one through.

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
Ouch.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anBwMhiYeTk"]Chevy Truck With No Clutch vs 2 Rednecks Trailer loading FAIL!! - YouTube[/ame]

Happens a lot with first time tractor loaders.Feel bad for the guy helping someone and his truck frame is probably twisted now.Never load with the carrier down hill of the trailer.Level is best.

something very similar happened to me once

I was gonna go dirtriding and I was getting the bikes loaded up on the trailer
normally I would attach the trailer to the charger and then put the bikes on but the wife was running some errands with it so I figured I would get ahead of the game and just load the bikes on the trailer so that when she got home i'd be ready to go

because my driveway slopes down towards the street I put a 2x4 in front of the nose wheel and I figured I was safe
dropped the gate on the trailer and I got on the bike and drove it up on the trailer
as the bike hit the ramp the whole thing acted like a seesaw and lifted the nose wheel right over the 2x4
the bike came to rest perfectly with the front wheel in the wheel chuck but the trailer started rolling down the driveway towards the street (did I mention it was rush hour?)
I sat there on the bike for what seemed like an eternity before I decided to dump the bike, jump off the trailer and stop her from rolling completely into the street

that was great fun

-
Back