Someone backed into my new '05 300 last week

-

gossame1

Reaction score
Hello Gang,

Just to update the gang as to what's going on with me and my Mopars. Last week, some idiot decided to back into my brand new '05 300. The damage, thank God, was minor. The grille suffered some minor damage (chips of plastic gouged out). I happened to notice the damage after I decided to have the car washed on Sunday morning. The drying crew happened to notice the damage when they were wiping the car down. After one of the guys pointed the damage out to me I was really upset. The car is only 3 months old and now has to go into the shop to have a new grille installed. The front fascia and headlights are OK with no damage. Just the grille needs to be replaced. One of the local Dodge dealers in my area that happens to have an excellent body shop, as well as experience in this kind of repair, will be taking care of the work for me. The shop will have my baby looking like new with all the same parts that the factory used originally. I'm hoping that everything will look like the way that it did when I took delivery of the car.

As for my older "A" body '68 Plymouth Valiant, (That the 300 replaced as my daily driver) I need to have some minor work done on the seals in the steering gearbox. I have the parts to fix that, and I am going to set up an appointment for the Valiant to go into the shop to have the seals installed.

As far as the damage to the 300, the 'idiot' that backed into it should have been more careful. I take pride in BOTH of my cars. Sorry I had to vent here, but the damage to the 300 really has me upset. I'll keep everyone here updated on what happens next.

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

I know how you feel. My wife had her new Ram 1500 backed into by someone at her work. She is an RN at a Hospital and no one left a note. It only left two very minor dings in the rear bumper, but I noticed it and still do every time I get behind that truck. She drives it maybe 200 miles a year and hardly EVER takes it to work.

People are ignorant, I stood and watched a lady back her blazer up over the front bumper of my running ambulance and then drive off last year. When the cops found her she was in deep trouble but denied hitting the truck despite the four witnesses.

Someone backed into my wifes Jeep, I banged my door into someone's truck once at Lowe's, I left my card and an apology and never heard from them.

Some people have no respect for other peoples property. :roll: Sorry to hear about your 300. Hopefully they can fix her like new.

That happened to me a month ago with my truck at work.
I park in the back of the lot so it don't get hit by morons throwing their doors open,so what happens some moron backs into it and caves the door in! :cussing: :cussing:

Still haven't found out who did it!
But if i do they are gonna have a caved in door with my boot print on it! :evil:

Way back in 1980 I bought my first new car, a Subaru 4X4 hatchback. I had the car parked in a diner parking lot and WATCHED some jerk open his door with his foot and dent/gouge my right front fender. I went outside and the guy denied doing it. I put my elbow through his side door glass and then denied doing it too....

Jerk-off's..... :x

It's frightening how much minor things like this can cost!

Last May my wife was in line at the donut shop and was rustling through her purse for a $1.30 for a coffee when she let her foot slip off the brake of her 03 turbo PT Cruiser. She rolled forward and bumped the back of a 4x4 dualy pickup.

The receiver on the truck hit just above the bumper right at the seam between the grill and the drivers side fender. Outwardly there was a 2" high by 1" wide by 1/2" deep dent in the fender. Turns out that the dent was in exactly the worst place. It pushed back enough to bend the tranny cooler mount, AC condesor mount, broken a locating post off the plastic tank on the radiator, cracked the fan shroud and tore off one of the mounting tabs for the bumper cover. After everthing was replaced and painted the tab was $5200. I do have a pile of very usable spare parts though :)

Two weeks ago I was slowing to make a left and the guy in the Ram behind me was not paying attention and clipped the right rear of my Dakota with the left front of his Ram. Required a new bumper, tailgate, right side bed skin and new tailight. All said and done $4200 and that does not include the weeks rent the guys insurance had to pay for.

since i bought my car, EVERY DAY i notice a new ding in one of the doors.
when i used to park in the school parking lot, this chick with a red grand prix parked beside me. i kept noticing red paint transfers on my doors on her side. so one day i sat in my car in the morning until she got there, and when she pulled up and got out, i KICKED my door open and F*cked her car up good. it didnt do anything to my door though :wink: she looked at me and i was like, oh... oops. she knew why i did it.

I had a 2000 Audi A6. I used to park in the end spot at the lot I used in downtown Atlanta.

I came out one night and the trunk was bashed in and lifted. Bumper was scuffed. Lens and lights on the trunk were broken out. I knew IMMEDIATELY that the red Blazer that usually parked in the space across the row and behind me had done it. Naturally, there was no note, no apology, and no nothing. I waited for that loser to show up again. But, I never saw that vehicle again. I think they knew that there was red paint all over my car and they KNEW I'd figure it out.

It cost me $2600 to get it repaired. :cussing:

dont get me started on the people that leave their trailer hitches on their trucks all the time. there are a few people that use them daily and it would be ridiculous to take them off. then there are others who are too lazy. those can really screw something up. not just on ur car, how bout walking behind a truck and getting a shin-full of one. thats fun too. ill take em off sometimes if they arent locked on and throw them in the bed. im sure that pisses em off.

i took my scamp to the movies one night came out to find a nice big white dent above my rear tire i could have killed the person if i knew who it was

-
Back