Someone did a hit and run on my duster!!!!!!!

-
happened to me in my parking garage less than a day after i laid my first coat of paint. the car was on jack stands in the very back of the garage where non residents aren't supposed to be. a sailor from pearl drove his big dodge ram in there to pick up a resident and turned around in the back of the lot, hit the car, knocked it off the stands, ruined the fender and valance, got out and cleaned the paint off his bumper, picked up his passenger and left. never even looked at my car. he told the cops he thought he hit the wall.
too bad for him that i'm the building manager and have cameras everywhere.
he was deployed right after this happened and never called his insurance co. so now when he gets home he won't have insurance and probably can't get any.

Attachments

• 6-27-2011 001_1.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 147
  • 6-27-2011 006_1.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 148
Wow, I guess I'm not the first person this has happened to! Just took it to a body shop here in town, got quoted for $800, not too bad. Still $800 that I would NOT have had to pay if somebody had manned up and left a note!!!! Anyway, I'm going to look into just replacing the whole rear panel. Any ideas of where to get a clean, straight panel? I also want to replace the tail lights, since they're corroded and there's a big piece missing in one of them. Anybody that can point me in the right direction gets a cookie from me haha

I'm SO livid right now. Just got my car up and running, wife just got back from her deployment, and I was coming back to my car from the auto parts store, and noticed a HUGE dent in my back bumper. Anybody ever have this happen? I'll post a picture soon, po po is on their way to tell me I'm sol. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Freekin sucks!!!
Check the store for security cam records for time and day?
Put ad in paper, Cl, etc for reward any info given....
Good Luck. I'm Sorry for you.
I hope you find them and make them pay.

Man I hate that. Looks like a truck bumper got you.

I'm one of those types that park AWAY from people not a "get as close as I can" to the front door. Ive got legs and feet.... I can walk... might even get a little exercise in the mean time. Unless someone is handicap I don't understand why people cant "walk". Its like they don't want to "walk". Its like at work there is a parking lot but yet people pull right there in front of the shop blocking both frcikn shop doors. WTF! My work buddy and I hit the roof.... "what is it they afraid to walk!?" "gosh I would hate for you have to walk!"

Sorry for the aggrivation. Not many people have the common decency to admit they did something wrong these days. Keep us posted about the repairs.

Looks to be a truck or suv with a trailer ball. Rear body panel can be repaired. Its a welded in panel and would be hard to get a new panel and weld it in, then you'd have to paint quarters as they would burn. At least he or she didn't get the bumper. Thanks to your wife for serving and glad she is home safe.

Thanks for the link, I think I'm going to order that 70-71 Duster panel. I like the split tail light look better. Plus, around the tail lights it was all rusted out from it leaking for who knows how many years, so it probably needed to be replaced anyways. Can anybody tell I'm trying to make myself feel better about the situation? Won't do me much good to sit here and keep complaining!

In 2008 I purchased a clean 04 Mustang GT Gunmetal Grey. On a morning two weeks later one of my roommates comes in and tells me that my car has been keyed! I go and look (the car is in the garage) and sure enough on the passenger side from the front to back and down to the metal was the key scratches.
It was either done at the drag strip the previous evening in the pits or my brother inlaw.
Regardless, I was not happy, quoted at around $2G's to repair.

Thanks for the link, I think I'm going to order that 70-71 Duster panel. I like the split tail light look better. Plus, around the tail lights it was all rusted out from it leaking for who knows how many years, so it probably needed to be replaced anyways. Can anybody tell I'm trying to make myself feel better about the situation? Won't do me much good to sit here and keep complaining!

I've had dealings with Richard at MoparMetal. He's a hellofa nice guy and will treat you right. Tell him I said hello! -pauly

-
Back