someone please help me

-

fst68

Reaction score
I have a 68 barracuda hazard lights work but no turn signals marker lights on hood work when 4ways are on . Am i just so frustrated i might be missing something simple . Any help would be greatly appreciated

Front quarters (Fenders) lights work ?

Have you checked the turn signal flasher?

Check your grounds as well. Sounds like another turn signal switch issue. Or the flasher.

You need a wiring diagram to start.

I chased a similar problem for months in my '66 Barracuda. I redid all my grounds and even added some. My lights were twice as bright after that, but still didn't work right. So I did actually have a ground problem, but it turned out to be the 4 way switch. I disconnected it and all worked fine. I about stroked out when I saw how much NOS's were going for.

I would agree with possible ground, flasher switch and turn signal switch. All three are easy to work with. Check every possible ground. Then I'd check the flasher switch. I actually rebuilt the flasher switch in my 69 Barracuda. The back was held on by 4 metal tabs, and if you bend them up really carefully, You can get to the inside of the switch. Just be careful; if I remember right (it's been a while) there are a few small springs also, but it is easy. It is a very simple setup with a few sliding contacts. Clean up the contacts up with some 600 grit, put some di-electric grease in and put it back together. If that does not do it, I'd look at replacing the turn signal cancelling cam and/or the turn signal switch.

I have a 68 barracuda hazard lights work but no turn signals marker lights on hood work when 4ways are on . Am i just so frustrated i might be missing something simple . Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm not sure on the 68, but see if there are two flasher relays.

One for the hazards and a separate one for the turn signals, one might be around the radio area and the other over by the glove box.

Thanks for all the help guys i figured it out wound up being a bulb in the grill the whole socket and bulb were corroded pretty bad replaced the socket and whala fixed it must have been shorting out . The strang thing is that light still worked with the 4 ways on. Thank you all again your help is much appreciated. Love this site

Thanks for letting us know as well. Some people don't. It helps everyone else learn what to look for.

-
Back