Something different to build

-
The pacer I really like. I do have a thing for AMC. If hemi and Ls points for mounting are really that close, maybe a new gen 5.7 hemi would be the way to go. They are certainly abundant and cheap nowadays I'm seeing. And a jaguar on a chevy frame, I wonder about one on a Plymouth trail duster chassis with a hemi in it. Lol, redneck good times would be abound. They do have alot of mud bogger events around the state.

Yeah, I know those years were the same with mopars because of the wiper pivot letting water get into the fuse block. Our 71 cuda had it's fair share of electrical gremlins. It liked to go into stealth mode suddenly when driving at night. Every single light on the dash, exterior driving lights, etc would just go out. Scary as we lived down a long windy country road, and it never gave any warning. Replaced fuses, bulbs, cleaned grounds up. Would seem to be better, then out of nowhere, would happen again. While I miss that sweet car, that's the one thing I couldn't stand about it.

One common issue with leaky wiper pivots & failing lights is the high beam dimmer switch on the floor, from intermittent operation to none at all.....

They get corroded and even fail from the water leak & then that can happen.

All the issues are what we love about our mopars. Lol. Or at least why we hand wash them and dont drive them in the rainy season much.

^^^^^ Back at school ( yes I graduated HS earlier), I raced my bud I his Olds like that, I had a 64 Ford Custom ( 2 door post car) 289 3 on tree, I walked all over me!!!!

Why not? Good looking cars that could use some `merican muscle under the bonnet.
You seem excited about it so do it.
Put a sbc in a 65 Mercedes 230sl in around 1990.
It was a $1500 crate motor.
Woke that car right up.
Owner, now about 80, is still driving it.
Engine from gm was less $ than pistons rings and bearings for the original six cyl. so it wasn't a tough choice.

I'm definitely keeping my eye out for a cheap rust free car. Seems so many are for sale that have great interiors, straight bodied and in need of a new drivetrain .

^^^^^ Back at school ( yes I graduated HS earlier), I raced my bud I his Olds like that, I had a 64 Ford Custom ( 2 door post car) 289 3 on tree, I walked all over me!!!!

I had a Green one( not near that nice) with the J-2 Option ( 3-2's on a 371 C.I. Engine 277 HP but 400 lbs of torque). Very fast for 4170 lb. Car.

-
Back