Sometimes it's just Gooood to go to a cheby swap meet.

-

66Dvert

Working on my custom car parts again!
Reaction score
Yup, Since most of the swaps are chevy dominated down here in my neck of the woods I just have to grin and keep on lookin. Sometimes though I do find gems in the rough(ain't lying about the rough though) and usually they have no ideas about rarity or prices of non chevy stuff. so I can win on that front. heck even if they ask "their" price it's usually lower than the mopar meets by a bunch so it's worthwhile to "peruse" the chevy meets. And so far I've been able to hit the "goldmine" on about ever 1 out of 6 shows. the other 5 shows I just mark off to "exercise"

Today I found a replacement grill for my wife's mangled one for a small price. yeah it needs all the back metal from her grill but it's a small price to pay(and a few rivets)for a nice bunch a part I did score
here's some pic's of the score

grill headlight bezels and the convertible sunvisor mounting arms
View attachment WP_20150607_005.jpg

grills has a few dents but no tears and the fins are straight.... wohoo! all the back steel support is totally rusted away but the wife's metal is good and her grill is torn and shredded from an accident.
View attachment WP_20150607_006.jpg

sun visor mounts are sucky but they are a lot better than the completely frozen and pitted ones on my car and since they are all in one piece they can be plated to look nice again since they do move. Now I have tosee about getting the actual convertible visors for the mounting arms.
The headlight bezels. don't look too shabby and no tears again. dang I'm battin a 1000.
View attachment WP_20150607_007.jpg

Bezels look dented, but an easy fixable process.. these should cleanup and be fixed to look even better than mine that I just did.. :cheers:
View attachment WP_20150607_008.jpg

View attachment WP_20150607_004.jpg

View attachment WP_20150607_003.jpg

and the beauty of it all was I got-bargained for them at the low price of 15 bucks. Needless to say the money somehow magically appeared in my hand and I was quick to hustle this off to the car and lock em up.

Nice! Sometimes it pays, to try something different....

Nice! Sometimes it pays, to try something different....

Thanks guys, I have to go out of the state sometimes just to hit a Mopar show, the one in Georgia was a little sucky but at least it was mopars. I am buried in chevy country here in Webster Florida. Thank goodness for the Big Daddy show and a few over in Melbourne daytona areas. or I'd be going nuts( too late really) I've found a few things at the swap meets around here but ya really have to dig to find anything mopar,but when you do they have no idea on prices that the mopar stuff goes for. So I usually can get a great price on the stuff I do find. It's worth going to almost every monthly show just to treasure hunt.

Got my LD340 at super Chevy, guy said $30. bout broke my hand getting my money out.

I bought a complete 1970 340 with X heads from a Chevy guy for $50 :cheers:

And I also bought a A-body 8 3/4 rear with a 3.55 sure grip, complete drum to drum and also had HD leafs....was in a 340 4-speed Swinger......$100.....a Chevy guy had that too and it was not far away from where the 340 was.....:glasses7:

-
Back