Son and I had a good day at the track.

-

383man

Reaction score
Well it was chilly but it really felt good as the sun was out shining very bright. It was around 45 to 50 but it was crowded and a nice day. I had problems with the rear in my 63 and had to limp it home after one pass. It spun but still ran a new best of 11.52 @ 116.84 ! Old best was 11.66 @ 114.65 but that was on a very hot day. I know it has easy 11.40's as like I said it spun a little but that was my first pass on the track. Now my son Ron jr had a very good day as he ran 11.40's all day running 11.45 , 11.48 and 11.46 all all at 117 with his best 11.45 @ 117.73. After my first pass I felt the rear jumping on turns and banging driving back thru the pits. Feels like the posi unit and maybe a spider gear are gone. I was afraid to try another pass as I had a 45 mile drive home. But it made it home so our cars have never left us stranded at the track yet but it was close. Driving straight it did ok but it sounds like it might come apart on turns. But I am not complaining as I only got one pass and ran a new best of 11.52 @ 116.84 and my son ran his new best of 11.45 @ 117.73. I guess for now he has me but I know if I had another pass or two I would have been right there in the 11.40's with him. Ron

I was right !! I was right!! I called it!! :grin:
The good temp and your well built motor's!!
And got a bite some how :dontknow:and driving your car's Smooooth.
Congratulations to you both !!:thumbrig:

When a 63 comes to the line, You have better be on your game:burnout:
they are the best of the breed!!:iconbigg:

Oh yeah, you got to go to the track and I got to take the snowblower out and get it started for the first time this year. Doesn't seem fair.

Thanks so much for the kind words "memike". Yes its nice to still race in November. But the track will close in the next few weeks until March. Ron

Congrats sounds like a great day except for the rearend problem! March? Wow racin here will start Mid to late May and end End of September or early October. Awesome season you have and not long to get race withdrawl!

Congrats on you and your sons new best Ron.....sorry to here about your rear, but Im sure you will have it ready for mason dixon next May....good luck!!!

Thanks for the replies. I will definetly have it fixed way before May as I plan to make the Mason Dixon race this year. Ron

Sounds like you two had a blast. I'd like to field two cars, but the one keeps me hoppin'. Good luck in May.

I`m hoping the problem is a small one and you`ll be right back in the saddle. Nice times at the track........pun intended.

The rear is out as my son pulled it for me the other day while I was at work. Just some damage to the posi unit. Ring and pinion are fine. I will be ready to drive it by March and the warmer weather. Ron

-
Back