Sonoramic baby!!!

-

greazerlou

Reaction score
Whats up everybody. Sonoramic Intakes. Do they bolt right onto all the B/RB motors? Namely the 440? Need to know for sure on this one!

IMG_0828.JPG

Don't see any reason why not, except the SuperStock heads. The manifolds were turned out for both the B & RB motors. The big differences are going to be the length of the balance tube and the length of the rod linkages from the bell crank to the carburetors. This is due to the difference in block deck height that pushes the carbs farther out from the center of the RB engine.

There were little heat stove pipes that helped keep things working, especially as the engine worked towards normal working temp.

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/sonoramic.html

Yep, they bolt right on.

And they even fit in an A-Body. Just a little modification to the right fender and NO power brakes.

PA241353.jpg

PA241354.jpg

ahhhhh, thats EXACTLY why I wanted to know! its going into my 440 Demon. With that one picture you answered both things i was taking a risk on, making sure it bolted onto my motor and whether or not it would fit under my hood. I was preparing myself to possibly have some milling done and/or running a 1 piece front end with no inner fenders if thats what it took! glad you chimed in brotha!!! im picking it up on saturday, cant friggin wait! running EFI on mine so I gotta set it up for a fuel rail, etc. should be interesting!

Is that your car? do you have it running yet?

-
Back