Sorry!!! Ford question

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 64 Comet that I changed the rear end to a 75 Maverick v8 8 inch rear. The rear brake hose has the brass fitting and the vent bolt is 1 inch. I have ordered several rear brake hoses for 3 different models, the 75 Mav , 69 Torino, 66 Fairlane theu Rock... everyone has the smaller brass fitting that takes like a 7/16 vent bolt!
I thought maybe I would get different hose IF ordered thru O Reilly but they has same issue.
Does anyone know of a Mopar rear brake hose that the brass tee takes the larger 1 inch vent bolt!!????

Otherwise I will just have to drill out the fitting and not much meat there. I shouldn't have to do that!

I have a 64 Comet that I changed the rear end to a 75 Maverick v8 8 inch rear. The rear brake hose has the brass fitting and the vent bolt is 1 inch. I have ordered several rear brake hoses for 3 different models, the 75 Mav , 69 Torino, 66 Fairlane theu Rock... everyone has the smaller brass fitting that takes like a 7/16 vent bolt!
I thought maybe I would get different hose IF ordered thru O Reilly but they has same issue.
Does anyone know of a Mopar rear brake hose that the brass tee takes the larger 1 inch vent bolt!!????

Otherwise I will just have to drill out the fitting and not much meat there. I shouldn't have to do that!
Hey barbee6043,

I'm thinking the Ford F-150 pickup uses the same vent tube fitting.

See here for details.

Cheers!

https://www.lmctruck.com/1973-79-ford/drivetrain/fc-1973-79-rear-axle-breather-vent

EDIT : Just re-read your post and I now see what you are trying to do.

I would see if you can get a helicoil with a 1 " outside diameter and a 7/16 inside diameter. Then , you could use the smaller fittings.

Last edited:
Hey barbee6043,

I'm thinking the Ford F-150 pickup uses the same vent tube fitting.

See here for details.

Cheers!

https://www.lmctruck.com/1973-79-ford/drivetrain/fc-1973-79-rear-axle-breather-vent

EDIT : Just re-read your post and I now see what you are trying to do.

I would see if you can get a helicoil with a 1 " outside diameter and a 7/16 inside diameter. Then , you could use the smaller fittings.
Thats for the info. It does not give the diameter but the length looks correct. The Bronco's hose is closer to right the the F100. Life should not be this hard!!

Thats for the info. It does not give the diameter but the length looks correct. The Bronco's hose is closer to right the the F100. Life should not be this hard!!
Yeah, you're right, nothing is easy.

I remembered this from helping my brother as he is a Ford fanatic.

A lot of the 8 and 9 inch ford rear ends are shared across the car and truck platforms so check fittings for the Ford Bronco as well.

Funny part is this rear end was 75 Maverick, and Rock nor O Reilly nor anyone has the correct hose. I tried all sort of models but thank you, the Bronco looks like it might work!!

Like the ford guy says " Ford ain't easy but what is!"

Answer: Nothing!!

Funny part is this rear end was 75 Maverick, and Rock nor O Reilly nor anyone has the correct hose. I tried all sort of models but thank you, the Bronco looks like it might work!!

Like the ford guy says " Ford ain't easy but what is!"

Answer: Nothing!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

This might be it or if all else fails, keep the part of the hose just for the vent and use another hose just for the brakes and fasten it to the housing separately.

Screenshot (246).png

-
Back