Sorry guys Dont shoot me! F@#D 9" to my Valiant.

-
yeah in You Wrench it thats about the right price here too! but in 2 regular yards they wanted a crap ton of $$$$$ for a chevy 10 bolt. that wasnt even rebuilt!

I am really surprised that you guys are not aware of the 9 inch granada/versalle swap. I 've seen this done in the 70's to 440 a-body bracket cars with little or no problems. The disk/drum to disk/drum dimension is 58.125" 1" wider than the stock a-body 8 3/4". Spring perch dimensions are excactly the same. I just resently installed one from a '78 lincoln versalle in my '67 barracuda for a total cost of about $400 with new rotors, rebuilt calipers, 3.50 trac-loc center from a early '70 1/2 ton, and a pinion snubber. Granted I got lucky finding a good used center section with the right size axle splines since the rear originally had 2.78 gears and was open. The brakes are no big deal, the rotors were about $80 a piece and the rebuild kit for the calipers were about $8 each. Over all, the cost of a 9" out of a granada, compared to the outrageous prices for a-body 8 3/4 sure-grip with a 5-4.5 bolt pattern, a 9" can't be beat. especially since it fits so easily and parts are so common.

Well, guess what guys! All this talk of Ford parts in my Valiant, has caused the mopar gods to shine a light on me in opposition to that choice. I have come across a good A body 8 3/4 posi with 323 gears and small bolt pattern, which I know most people prefer big bolt pattern but I want to keep my crager SS that I have. The price is right considering its a posi. He wants 350.00 Im gonna snatch it up this weekend!
I would like to thank everyone for the input, and ideas. Still like the idea of an 8.8 with discs but would rather stick to something mopar for this. Plus I may not be able to do all the modifications to the suspension right away. So it needs to bolt in and go for the time being.
thx again to all of you, I hope this post which got wayyyyy more attention and responses than I ever thought, has educated some others that need the same set up. :headbang:

-
Back