Sorry to keep asking...

-

kruger

Reaction score
here's my opinion. I am new to A body Mopar's but have been in the muscle car market heavily for the past 3 years. I think A bodies are a very good bargain compared to the others. i.e. Chevelles, Camaros, B and E bodied Mopar's. This is a double edged sword. Buy one done the way you want it. The parts for these are harder to come by and more expensive than say a Camaro.
For example I own 2 chevelle SS's. One I got $30,000 into and it is probably worth 28-30k. The other one I'll have 30,000 into when done and it will be worth 30,000 all day long.

I just figured up what I'll have into my 68 Barracuda fastback when done last night. I will be pushing $20,000. When was the last time you saw a 20,000 68 Barracuda sell? I see nice barracudas going for 12-13k
Therefore my advice....BUY ONE....just not one that needs work. Get one already done.

karl,
what are you looking for???...i street car or a race car???
those 2 darts on e-bay are like comparing apples and oranges!!!

I've been racing for over 30 years on and off , B Bodys :)
The White and purple Dart gives me both worlds ( Street & Track).
If the stroker doesn't get picked up by next week, I may get the purple dart and toss the 474 in it. Just don't know whats involved with putting it in an a body. Under chassis headers, Wheel well etc...
Lot of questions before I make the move.

-karl

freshayr said:
I just figured up what I'll have into my 68 Barracuda fastback when done last night. I will be pushing $20,000. When was the last time you saw a 20,000 68 Barracuda sell? I see nice barracudas going for 12-13k
Therefore my advice....BUY ONE....just not one that needs work. Get one already done.

Same here. I'll be into my crate for at least 15-17K when / if it get's done. I'm just praying that the insanity of the muscle car market will drag the A bodies up to a respectable level to justify the money being shoveled into it's direction.

But I agree. Buy something as finished as possible. Not until you build a car piece by piece do you realize how expen$ive it can get.

I think the blue and white one might be just a little high, but not bad. On the other hand, the red one's buy it now price is rediculous for one that has a dirty interior, rusted out spare tire well, and rust coming through the rockers. But that is just my opinion! I would say both are worth around 6 grand.

Karl, Look on Moparts. There are some better priced cars to be had.
Like this.

selling for a friend that doesnt have a computer

74 plymouth duster. no motor or trans. fresh paint. all steel body. ladder bar coil over rear suspension. ran 12.00 at 110mph with a mild 318 and a soggy trans.

included with the car, weld wheels and tires, new optima battery, fuel cell, electric fuel pump, painless wiring and switches, msd 6al, kirkey racing seat, 12 point roll cage, cheetah shifter, line lock, auto meter guages, aluminum dash, radiator, electric fan, 8.75 rear with 4.56s are all included.$4500

any questions please call 843-729-9897

can email me at [email protected] or send me a PM

download.php

It took me about 1 1/2 yrs to find this Demon. I wanted a second generation cuda and couldn't find a decent one for the money I wanted to spend.
There's also a bunch of over priced crap. I drove 3 hrs to look at a Duster that "Only Needs Paint"
I wasn't to happy when I pulled into the driveway and saw this thing. Bondo about falling off the quaters, fenders loose and flopping around.
Be carefull, and look them over.
I gave $5500 for the Demon. It does need paint, but all the body work was done. Good wheels, roll cage, painless wiring, 340, 4spd. It did/does need some work, but was what I was sort of looking for. Something with a clean body. It was a good starting point.
If you find a /6 car and need a set of Schumaker conversion mounts, I have an extra set.

Thanks again fellahs,
I know what yah mean about he mud slinger cars.
I almost traded the 474 for one this weekend, Asked for more detailed pics and Wah-laah... It was a mud and rust fest.. Granted 5500 won't get a really fine car..But it should be decent and look as it was stated.

moparts has some pretty nice deals over there, Been looking..

I dropped the price for another fellah this morn to 5k, Wanted to send a deposit... I don't take deposits for one reason... The car or engine your holding can turn into a planter real fast till its paid off lol.. Just a pet peave of mine.

-karl

putting a bb in an A body is easy the only hard thing is the headers They are a very tight fit. The headers can run a lot of money I paid almost 800.00 for my headers from schumacher. Also if you motor makes a lot of HP you should tie your frame so it wont twist.Like everyone else said itcan run alot of money....

at what HP range do your recommend tieing the frame together? At 350hp with street set up is it necessary?

-
Back