sorting out my set up

-

flipper

Reaction score
1977 volare 4000lbs 360 / 904 /8.75 with 3:23's .8321 reaction , 2.41 60ft , 14.502 and 98.29 mph.Zero traction on 14" BFG's . Does this sound right ?First time out obviously need tires and need to sort out my cal tracs.

It's sounds right in my opinion. I ran, or tried to, Radial T/A's on cars the were in the 97/102 mph range, and believe me, most would spin close to the 1/8th mile without pedaling the car :D.

Get some tires first and go from there. Disregard the 60' for now. The 98 mph shows some good power, you just have to get it hooked up and see where you are at that point. Caltracs may be in your future, but the stock Mopar springs alone should be plenty for now. Once you get some more data without the wheelspin, we can make recommendations from there.

Good Luck, I hope you enjoyed yourself.....it sure is fun. :thumbrig:

I (we ) had a ball ,the kids had never been before ,I feel that with tires and susp.tuning and 4:11's it could go very low 13's or better , I was a little worried about the mph as it seemed high for the weight,but I'm probably over thinking it as it's been a long time since I went .

well there is no way not to have fun at the drag strip. hp @ 98.29 mph at the flywheel is 304.18. soooo getting your hotrod hooked up should net you a cool 13.75 seconds.

Thanks for the replies ,with a better 60' I'll be a lot happier.

Sounds about right for a heavy car on BFG's, here are a few tips.

1. Get some better tires (drag radials) and you'll be in the low 14's.
2. Get some steeper gears (4.10-3.91 depending on how much street driving you do) and you'll be in high-mid 13's.
3. Leave on the last amber instead of green an you will have a decent light.

With the 98mph trap speed, unless you change something on the motor to increase power, high-mid 13's is probably all you will see out of this combo.

-
Back