sound deading material questions

-

snowmobiler7c

Reaction score
I should be getting my car back from paint wtihin the next week or so. Before i start installing the new carpet and door panels, what kind of sound deading material are you guys using and where exactly is it needed? What seems to be the best bang for the buck? thanks
mark

Instead of high dollar matting that DEI & others offer, used the thin rolled insulation made for wrapping your duct work that is available at home depot or lowes on my floor pans. Used double sided 3m tape & not glue to secure in case of future changes. Worked great. Sure it would work under door panels also.

Oldschoolcuda

I plan on using 1 of the available spray/roll on products. It will be after a good strong paint and seam sealer. After the roll on product I will likely use some good old dense fiber insulation for mass. They make insulation out of recycled denim blue jeans now that I might it a try.

Examples of roll on are Lizard skin (many vendors) and spectrum (secondskinaudio).

I used Dinamat and some other deadiner off ebay. roof, floor pans, door panels. It did cut noise down some but I noticed a sizable amount of heat reduction setting in the sun at car shows.

How would something like Duplicolor undercoating work? It seems thick and has lumps of rubber in it.

X2 on home depot stuff ill have to check on the one I got but I bought a small piece of dyno mat and they are exactly the same but an 8th the cost I'm sure it's the same one someone already posted

Another vote for the Home Depot/Lowes peel and seal. There are rumors out there that when it gets hot it will smell like tar or such. They are false rumors. I use it in the New Mexico sun and no such odor.

Another vote for the Home Depot/Lowes peel and seal. There are rumors out there that when it gets hot it will smell like tar or such. They are false rumors. I use it in the New Mexico sun and no such odor.

x156, I used the butyl backed stuff from Home Depot. Did it on the GF's CRX, single best mod for under $40, ever. Cut road noise at least in half.

-
Back