Sound deadner

-
I installed a similar product from Lobucrod under the new vinyl floor in my 94 Ram 2500. It works well holding down the noise and heat. I will be putting it in the Valiant when it comes apart for the 4-speed install.

Yes I've used Second Skin for my build. Your better off using Damplifier Pro but see if he has some B stock in. It's the same as the regular but has a few manufacturing or shipping flaws. Nothing to worry about.

Products - B STOCK - * MADE IN THE USA * - Damplifier - Second Skin Audio

The Luxury Liner doesn't self stick and is to be used behind panels or headliner. The damplifier to great, comes in 1'x2' sheets and just sticks down. Plus you get 20 sheets for $80. I used 2.5 boxes on mine but could get away with just 2 boxes as I did my trunk also.

Riddler

I used fatmat rattle trap *** off eBay, easy to trim and install, they send you a roller and a razor blade with it. Bought the 100sq ft covered the floor, roof, inside the doors, trunk and under the hood.

20150207_113746.jpg

20150207_113752.jpg

Last edited:
I'm cheap so I used this on the underside of the roof on my Duster, it drastically cut down on heat transfer to the interior on sunny days and also reduced noise. $18 for a 6" x 50' roll at Lowe's.

Peel-and-Seal-Roofing-Material.jpg

Did you notice any off-gassing from that stuff? I have heard that some home repair type materials give off an asphalt odor. Otherwise, like that solution.

Did you notice any off-gassing from that stuff? I have heard that some home repair type materials give off an asphalt odor. Otherwise, like that solution.

No, it's a bit smelly when you first peel off the backing but once it's stuck on there's no smell at all, even when it heats up. I definitely wouldn't use it if it did, asphalt and petroleum smells in general give me a headache nowadays.

No, it's a bit smelly when you first peel off the backing but once it's stuck on there's no smell at all, even when it heats up. I definitely wouldn't use it if it did, asphalt and petroleum smells in general give me a headache nowadays.

Give it time. Also wait for it to fall off the ceiling and onto the headliner. Hopefully you have a board not just the rods/cloth. I've had the pleasure of helping a friend remove this from a car he did when it hit 100 degree's out and it melted off of everything.

Riddler

Guess if i decide to use un-conventional products i will test a piece first.
With a heat gun, not the oven-i still like my wife....

Give it time. Also wait for it to fall off the ceiling and onto the headliner. Hopefully you have a board not just the rods/cloth. I've had the pleasure of helping a friend remove this from a car he did when it hit 100 degree's out and it melted off of everything.

Riddler

It's been on the car for 4 years now, for one of those years the car has been sitting non-operational but the rest of the time I drove it everywhere. Several times I let the car sit in 100+ degree weather with the intense Colorado sun (you don't know sunshine until you've been at high altitude) beating down on the roof, nothing happened... I was waiting for it to melt and fall down since I have no headliner, it never happened. It never started outgassing either. I honestly expected it to fall off and I'm not holding my breath for it to last forever but it's holding up surprisingly well. I cleaned the underside of the roof sheetmetal very thoroughly with brake cleaner and let it air out before I put the stuff on, also did it in direct sunlight when it was already hot out and used a sturdy small paint roller to really press it on hard and get the backing material to really stick "into" the metal.

I still definitely wouldn't say it's better than the actual as-advertised sound/heat deadener stuff but it's decent and gets the job done on the cheap.

EDIT: Also if this stuff is designed as roofing repair, why the heck would it break down at high temps in direct sunlight? That's precisely what it's supposed to hold up against...?

-
Back