Sound difference?

-

Fishthatkills

Fish that kills
Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, So here goes. Right now I have a 273 with 2 1/2 inch duals with crossover and magnaflow's. The 273 has a two barrel.

When I upgrade to a four barrel carb and intake will it change the exhaust note louder? I like the low rumble I have now and yea it could be a tad bit louder. But all in all a good sound and a nice compromise between the on road sound and idle. Also a good tone that the wife likes!!

Thanks,
John B.

Because the power required to drive at low and cruising speeds does not change putting the 4bbl on won't change anything, the engine will be throttled to allow the same air flow. Now under WOT acceleration the 4bbl will allow more air in so more exhaust will be coming out, don't be surprised if it's a louder. I wouldn't expect a lot but you will likely hear the difference.

It should not make much difference with the exhaust note. But WOT will be louder on the intake side. My 440 six pack is loud on the output side but when all six barrels open it does drown out the exhaust lol.

Ditto. No difference till you open up the other two. Then the sound of the rear tires will drown out the exhaust!

That's what I was thinking guy's, More air more sound, Cool, as I do like the cruise tone quite a bit! And the thought of a little extra on acceleration sounds cool too!

So the wife will still be happy, wife happy= me happy= more money for the cause!!

John B.

-
Back