Sounds like another track may be closing

-
That track in Thompson has made significant upgrades.
About the only Ohio track that hasn’t is Quaker.

Looks like a really nice track, let's hope they're not closing. Nothing on the website other than 2024 schedule coming soon.

They bought the track 2 years ago. Made alot of improvements.
The people that own it are local to us.
They are a trucking company.
I'm sure they will be an asset as much money has been spent.
First class folks.

There was a blabber mouth on Facebook telling us how bad track management was at every track and that they should payout more and charge less. We suggested he take over this track an show us how to do the job right. Hasn’t been heard from since.

maple Groves new owners seem great they even have no prep race in the winter weather permitting. They had one Feb 24 but it was cold and damp that day not sure if they cancelled.

maple Groves new owners seem great they even have no prep race in the winter weather permitting. They had one Feb 24 but it was cold and damp that day not sure if they cancelled.

Any racer has a good idea of how a track should operate. Kenny has been around racing a long time. When they were smart enough to pay Bill Bader to come to their track and spend months there teaching them how to do it you know they are smart. That had to cost a lot of money.

They had the race at Maple Grove, not as many faster cars than the New Year’s Eve race. The rain Friday and Saturday morning probably kept some from making the trip. They had a daily driver bracket class, couldn’t dial quicker than 10.00 in the 1/8 mi,no trailer towing and no burnout . Gave 2 time runs. Probably had close to 100 cars in that class.

There was a blabber mouth on Facebook telling us how bad track management was at every track and that they should payout more and charge less. We suggested he take over this track an show us how to do the job right. Hasn’t been heard from since.
Yeah, the same crap has been going on with New England Dragway in New Hampshire over the winter. From what I can gather a couple of employees either quit or were fired ( including the head tech inspector and a long term top end guy) and the bad mouthing against track management was going on hot and heavy for a while. Seems to have quieted down as I haven't seen much of it over the past couple of months. While no track is perfect the tracks I have gone to since I decided to get back into racing ( ranging from our two independent 1/8th mile tracks here in Maine to NED, Lebanon Valley, and Maple Grove) have been great. Great racers and staff. There's always the buffoons who think they know how to do something better while having zero experience on how to do even a small part of it. All it does is create division and bad feelings.

Yeah, the same crap has been going on with New England Dragway in New Hampshire over the winter. From what I can gather a couple of employees either quit or were fired ( including the head tech inspector and a long term top end guy) and the bad mouthing against track management was going on hot and heavy for a while. Seems to have quieted down as I haven't seen much of it over the past couple of months. While no track is perfect the tracks I have gone to since I decided to get back into racing ( ranging from our two independent 1/8th mile tracks here in Maine to NED, Lebanon Valley, and Maple Grove) have been great. Great racers and staff. There's always the buffoons who think they know how to do something better while having zero experience on how to do even a small part of it. All it does is create division and bad feelings
Yeah, the same crap has been going on with New England Dragway in New Hampshire over the winter. From what I can gather a couple of employees either quit or were fired ( including the head tech inspector and a long term top end guy) and the bad mouthing against track management was going on hot and heavy for a while. Seems to have quieted down as I haven't seen much of it over the past couple of months. While no track is perfect the tracks I have gone to since I decided to get back into racing ( ranging from our two independent 1/8th mile tracks here in Maine to NED, Lebanon Valley, and Maple Grove) have been great. Great racers and staff. There's always the buffoons who think they know how to do something better while having zero experience on how to do even a small part of it. All it does is create division and bad feelings.
My local track Island Dragway has been operated by a member of the founding family since it opened in 1960 , however the third generation has a different managing style resulting in the exit of some long time racers and good employees . I myself cut back on my racing there last year even gave up my reserved parking space after 25 years mainly due to changing my racing program to pro tree racing which they didn't offer much of . I still support the track going to specialty races etc. They are however offering more pro tree races this year so I will attend more . They just hired a track manager this week to take some off the burden from the owner , I don't know him or anything about him , I do know he isn't a " regular " racer or I would have. Hopefully he will make a difference we will see ! I have raced there for over 35 years plus its only a little over a half hour ( 32 miles ) from my house . We have to support our local tracks : we lost two here in N.J. in the last seven years : Atco and Englishtown .. I raced at both of them

IMG_0721.jpeg

Last edited:
-
Back