Space duster rear seat

-

n00blike

Reaction score
Does anyone know where i could find a 74 space duster rear seat? How much work would it take to make it fit in a normal duster?

It is a HUGE can of worms to install one in a non-fold down car.
The catches for the seat are welded to the inner wheel house.
The whole package tray metal section is different.
The fuel filler tube is flatter.
The trunk area has a dress-up kit.

It is best to park a regular car next to a fold-down seat car and scope out the difference.

It's definately a bit of work but not impossible. You can still score the seats from a junkyard (I just got an extra a few months back) and could fab some of the mounts, etc. As mentioned the package tray would require some cutting too. Obviously these came down the assembly line with differences from a standard Duster/Dart Sport. Here's some pics of what would be involved:

PB180035.JPG

PB180037.JPG

PB190001.JPG

Would you loose body support because there is no more "X" behind the seat? or was that just to support the rear seat on a normal duster?

Pretty tough to do so I'll just sell you mine for $18,000 ok?

Duster exterior pics.jpg

just keep looking for your correct nonfold down seats,remember you need the cutouts on the lower seats for the rear mounted seat belt retractors 73 74 dart same seats, I won a nice set of non fold seats and the guy didnt send them, kept the check, I cancelled cashiers check of course ,now hes laughing as he holds my check as the bank has still put a 90 day hold on my account, I hate ebay

all you folddown seat guys got the rear taillite heavy plastic cover? If not I got one ,pm me if your interested

I realize this is old....but what goes between the curved package tray and the top of the back seat? I just got a 74 spacer saver Dart and it's missing a lot of things.

Can I just remove the fold down seat and put in a normal one?

Thanks!

nothing. Its open. When I was little, I would climb over the seat and hide between the back of the seat and the trunk divider.

I must be missing a lot of parts cuz mine doesn't have a trunk divider...just the top fold down seat and the plastic wheel well shaped parts on each side.

-
Back