Spacer BTWN axles?

-

Small Block

Reaction score
Bought new ring and pinion and install kit along with new axles w/ green bearings. My question is, in the package there was a solid spacer that came with the axles from yukon. It fits well between the two new axles after being installed in the housing. All seems well. Stock width. Is this correct? Is this spacer needed?

They are the ones that supplied the axles with the bearings installed so i guess i'm wondering why they would have sent the spacer if not needed?

Maybe it's just standard practice to put in in the kit for when guys use stock bearings because that's when it's needed. Just my guess. If your not sure give them a call. I'm sure they should know.

The spacer came with the Detroit True Trac center section and not with the axles. I have an email sent to Eaton for some tech info so in a day or two i should have my answer. It prabably could work either way but i've gone too far to screw up now so i'll get the tech gurus to sing out on this one. Thanks guys.

The spacer came with the Detroit True Trac center section and not with the axles. I have an email sent to Eaton for some tech info so in a day or two i should have my answer. It prabably could work either way but i've gone too far to screw up now so i'll get the tech gurus to sing out on this one. Thanks guys.

Yeah they probably just sent them in case you use the stock axles. Let us know what they say just so we all know for sure. Always a good thing to know positively.

Tracy

Called Eaton today and spoke with tech and yep. The spacer is for the use of stock axles and no need for it with the yukons and green bearings. When i installed it i glued it to the end of one of the axles with small amount of RTV and when i pulled the axle there it was . Still on the axle. Never been ran. Must be lucky.

-
Back