Spare tire hold down stud

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few different styles as to how they are held down. How is yours held down? I have a brand new 8" hold down that was supposed to fit my 68 Cuda but didn't and I had it too long to return it before I realized the problem. Here's a picture of it. If it's what you need how does $12 shipped sound?

Dave is looking for the one that looks like a carridge bolt. Dave and I was talking about this today.

Any decent hardware store should carry a 3/8" X 8" galvanized carriage bolt. That's what my car had in it. Not sure if it was factory or not...
C

The problem with hardware store carriage bolts is the head is too thick and will not slide into the groove which holds it....I know Year One sells them but I swore them off years ago......thank you for the reply! D

I was picking out junk from that gap in the trunk on either side. Found a carridge bolt and a big wing nut down in there. I would check in there for it. LOL

Ha! Those area's were "explored" day one! Sometimes you find some weird stuff down in there..........I know somebody here has one no doubt! D

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back