-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Anybody have or know where I can find the spare tire hold-down for mt 73 Dart Sport? I finally bought a rim today and a tire is being delivered tomorrow, so I will actually have a spare tire in my trunk. Now I just need to hold it down properly.

I have spare tire hold down but you need to figure what length bolt you need per the width of the tire and wheel you are installing PM me

If you go to your local hardware store and get a carriage bolt and big wing nut you will have something very close to the factory setup.

The wing nut tightens against the jack base.

This would be the $2.00 option. The factory wing nut (as shown below is a little different).

If you want to go all out you will need the board, cup and another wing nut.

DSC00985.jpg

DSC00984.jpg

Why in the world would anyone want to go to a hardware store buy a bolt probably made in China then have to grind the head to make it fit and it still won't stay in pace or fit right when there are probably hundreds of originals out there for a few bucks and you will have the satisfaction of your car being original not all cobbed up with incorrect junk like so many are and decreasing the value of it!!! Makes no sense at all!!

Why in the world would anyone want to go to a hardware store buy a bolt probably made in China then have to grind the head to make it fit and it still won't stay in pace or fit right when there are probably hundreds of originals out there for a few bucks and you will have the satisfaction of your car being original not all cobbed up with incorrect junk like so many are and decreasing the value of it!!! Makes no sense at all!!

Very well put if we all had access to oem parts. I'm kinda in the same situation
Ihaven't been able to find the (MOPAR) correct parts for my 64. Now I could have just let the tire and jack bounce around in the trunk or use a little ingenuity and buy a korean galvanized bolt and wing nut to hold it in place and cover it with the trunk mat so no one can see it. By the way I probably have
500 + miles going to wrecking yards.sooooo I guess I'll have to put up with
My cobbed up mess till some one put one up for a reasonable price.

Moe

Because for $2.00 you can have your tire secure today. These parts are easily replaced with OEM stuff as they are found.

I have spare tire hold down but you need to figure what length bolt you need per the width of the tire and wheel you are installing PM me

Just got the rim yesterday. Cleaned and painted it and mounted the tire today. I will run up to storage today after work and measure and get back to you.

I have the jack, but now I will have to look and see if I have the jack stand. I don't think I do. I know I don't have the spring to tightly hold down the jack. I'll have to take stock this evening. I know I will make a board as well, because I want a clean look.

He was asking for a bolt for a 73 Dart not a 64! Thanks Mopar to ya just let me know what you need i am sure i can fix you up if not i will find someone who will with original pieces

Never got to the storage place this weekend. With the spare tire sitting on the ground, it is 5 inches to the top of the hub. Obviously the bolt needs to be longer to accommodate the jack base and the wing nut. What have you got, Moparparts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back