Spare tire hold down

-

Dartnewbie

Former Dart owner
Reaction score
I pulled the trunk mat in my car and fixed some surface rust. While taking out the spare, I was missing the hold down nut and the little round plate. I happen to find these between the rear quarter and the trunk rail. Question is how do these mount to hold the tire? Does the jack base go on the hold down bolt or just the tire and the round plate and then the big wing nut on top?

You can see the way that I have mine done here. It seems to be the only logical way that I could see having it done. I think the base is on the very bottom, with the bolt going through it, through the tire, through the circle plate, and then finally the wingnut.

Not yet. I'm guessing they are going to be waiting for me tomorrow when I come home.

I'll snap some pictures of them all installed when I get them. :D

I have mine with the tire face down, jack base inserted into wheel center, with hook on top. The wing nut holds this down and a small round insert the secures the well cover has a small nut on it. With a 195/75-14 in the well, the cover sits up about ½ inch over the trunk floor.

-
Back